Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Penny Outskirts

Do the hamsters have a hangover?

Very slow for me today Sad
Bernie66

Keeps throwing me out and not letting me back in. Pcb database critical error is the wording I think.
stumbling goat

pages take a long time to load and all the pages are centralised.

wq
sean

Painfully slow here with a couple of critical error messages thrown in. The rest of jema's forums seem to be OK.
jema

Looks like some backup processes taking up resources. Working on it.
Penny Outskirts

You are our own personal superhero

Very Happy
jema

Who is getting impatient for a new server Sad
Rob R

I thought this was a genuine enquiry about inebriated rodents; it's not just the site that's slow this morning Embarassed
Green Rosie

Rob R wrote:
I thought this was a genuine enquiry about inebriated rodents; it's not just the site that's slow this morning Embarassed

So did I Rolling Eyes - we had a cat with a hangover once after he drank some port Shocked .
jema

Currently we are still being clobbered by the backup process that has lagged badly today.

Tweaks are in place to help next week.

On the plus side as and when the backup completes (which may be hours Sad ) I have applied some tweaks to the forum that should make it a bit quicker.
Nick

Penny wrote:

Very Happy

Anyone else have images of Jema wearing his underpants over his jeans?
Mary-Jane

Nick wrote:
Penny wrote:

Very Happy

*Gulp* Shocked

Still slow here...with added wobble. Sorry Jema - that wasn't supposed to be a nag...merely an observation. Embarassed
Rob R

Nick wrote:
Penny wrote:

Very Happy

Are you the Minister for Hideous Images?
jema

Well today I have tweaked the backup process, optimized the file gallery system and made the advertisement display code quicker and more efficient.
I hope this will be a noticeable improvement.
Nick

It's zipping along like a greased weasel, thanks, SuperJema!
Rob R

Nick wrote:
It's zipping along like a greased weasel, thanks, SuperJema!

I love that term of phrase Laughing

Incidentally; haven't seen a weazle for a while, then saw three in three days last week.
jema

No other comments on speed though Confused I honestly reckon things are niftier.
Rob R

Yep, I'd agree there- page changes are almost instant!
TheGrange

Green Rosie wrote:
Rob R wrote:

So did I Rolling Eyes - we had a cat with a hangover once after he drank some port Shocked .

i must admit i was ignoring this thinking no i'm sure hamsters can't get drunk then curiosity got the better of me .. doh*

Mind you i recall, years ago, fetching three stumbling carriage horses back after a week in an old orchard with nothing much to eat other than sparse grazing and stuffing themselves with hundreds of very well fermented apples, i could have sworn they were pi*hed Rolling Eyes
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home