Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Marionb

Downloading e-books from laptop to Nook

I'm trying to download a library book from my laptop to my Nook. I've installed the Adobe whatever it was that I needed in order to download the book to my laptop and the book is there. When I connect my Nook to my laptop I get a message on my Nook saying its ready for the dowload but I cant work out how to actually download the book to the Nook.. Embarassed Mad

The book is there on the laptop screen but there is no download option... what am I doing wrong?

Sad
chez

Can you open file manager or whatever it is called these days and just copy and paste it across?

You could also try Calibre - it's a really good way to organise your ebooks and send them to and fro to various devices. You download it to your laptop and put your ebooks in to it. And then it lets you manage the way you send them across to the ereader.

http://calibre-ebook.com/
OtleyLad

To echo what Chez said. If your Nook is plugged into your laptop it will show up as just another drive within My Computer or Windows Explorer.

Within My Computer find the downloaded e-book file on the laptop (it will end in .epub ) and simply copy and paste or drag and drop the file into the 'my documents' folder on the Nook 'drive'.
sgt.colon

You could also try Calibre - it's a really good

A second vote for Calibre. A great app and it's free.
Marionb

I just tried downloading Calibre... it seemed to change to something like 77zip or something and the laptop went a bit strange Confused

I had a few goes but had warnings from the antivirus installed on the laptop so thought I'd better leave it as its my partner's laptop and he gets a bit worked up if anything changes... Laughing

Is the 77zip thing linked to Calibre?

ETA and I appear to have 10 copies of the book on the laptop now Embarassed Laughing
chez

That doesn't sound right. Hang on.
chez

Are you downloading from here?

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows
Marionb

Thanks Chez, I have now downloaded and have it in my toolbar Very Happy

Just need to work out how to use it now Laughing I'm not usually this dopey, honest Embarassed
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home