Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Went

downsizer emails

For a few days now I am not getting notification of replies to posts I have tried re-setting this on my profile which seems OK so not sure what's going on? All other emails coming through...
Barefoot Andrew

All working for me Confused
A.
jema

There has been some stuff going on that might mean we need to delve into the arcane world of SPF records that some ISP use to decide on what is spam, its a totally useless system IMHO.
sean

We had A Quite Entertaining Time with that at work when someone (Orange ISTR) decided that all our emails were spam.
robkb

I'm not getting notifications either. I've checked my profile and my email settings and I don't think it's me...
jema

I did alter setting earlier...
Went

Do we need to do anything or is it a glitch at DS towers? Confused
Went

Bump.. Confused
Barefoot Andrew

I'll look into this as soon as I can.
A.
Went

I'll look into this as soon as I can.
A.

Thanks BA but remember it is not as important as uploading you know who's piccies.... Wink
Went

Any progress with this issue yet? Still no notifications here Sad
Nell Merionwen

I've not had any for years despite having setting to receive them...He's still not looked into it Wink
nor has he uploaded piccies. Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

Apologies - not had a chance yet. Been up to my eyes in engineering land.
A.
Barefoot Andrew

I just temporarily changed the email address in your profile to my address, and posted a test on this thread.

I received the notification virtually immediately.

The problem would seem to be beyond Downsizer's reach - maybe an issue with your ISP or mail provider?
A.
earthyvirgo

I just temporarily changed the email address in your profile to my address, and posted a test on this thread.

I received the notification virtually immediately.

The problem would seem to be beyond Downsizer's reach - maybe an issue with your ISP or mail provider?
A.

Nothing here any more either. I must admit I hadn't realised but it's probably a couple of months?

EV
vegplot

What is the from address of the notification emails? Went

Nothing in the spam filter either on the mail programme or web so confused? vegplot

I should have received a notification about this thread.

I'm waiting for DNS to update to redirect emails sent to me through our logged incoming SMTP service. This will determine if there is a handshake and if they're being blocked why.
vegplot

Here's the reason why...

Quote:
Version: 4.4 REGISTERED
Log Mode: Verbose
Server: arenig.wiss.co.uk
Source: SMTPSVC-1
Time: 24/08/2013 20:59:08
Class: Blacklist
Severity: Information
Actions: Reject
Filtering Point: On Arrival
HELO/EHLO Domain: (not available)
Related IP Address: 78.129.139.185
Message ID: <4bdebb1df440697a2627b7d6ded6fda5@forum.downsizer.net>
Email Subject: New Private Message has arrived
Sender: apache@jupiter.myff.org
Recipient(s):
* xxxx@xxxxxx.co.uk
Blacklisted by the Reverse DNS test (no reverse name).

The sending mail server IP doesn't have a corresponding Reverse DNS record. Any mail server checking for the existence of one prior to delivering email onto their users will reject the connection.
jema

I will see about a reverse DNS entry jema

reverse dns is added. Went

I've just been notified about it Very Happy Thanks. Andrea

I've been having this same problem, no topic reply notifications or PM notifications, for a couple of weeks but only just got around to asking for help.

Checked my profile email address which is receiving fine elsewhere, and my spam folder. Anything else I should be looking at?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home