Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
madcat

Downsizer group on Ravelry

Any ideas about waking it up, we seem to be busy elsewhere. Trouble is I think the average downsizer is mega busy most of the time. I have a job list as long as an orangutangs arm and I don't think I'm the only one.
sally_in_wales

just keep posting in it, people may join in. Mostly though its unnecessary as we already talk crafts here so much. I think it would be different if it was fulfilling a need not already met here
Mistress Rose

I did join Ravelry, but found it moved too fast for me. I now can't remember my password, so am happy to allow it to lapse I think.
sally_in_wales

I did join Ravelry, but found it moved too fast for me. I now can't remember my password, so am happy to allow it to lapse I think.

you don't have to use the forums there, a lot of people use it just as a resource to look at the different yarns and patterns that are out there. One of the most useful things I find is the ability to see for any given pattern how it looks when real people knit it in all sorts of non-specified yarns, very helpful when toying with making something of a specific shape but unsure how it will look on your specific shape or in a certain colour
Woodburner

Heh, I'm the exact opposite, I joined for the patterns, used an easy to remember password, and only a couple of weeks ago did I discover there are forums and groups there! I then spent a couple of days going through a really long thread on people's weaving workshops. Laughing
madcat

I'm just enjoying finding out useful interesting stuff and I can keep in touch with friends who are in the same groups.
I need to get sorted with posting photos , I just have a sort of blind spot on some computer stuff but hope for improvement. Very Happy
Mistress Rose

Seem to recall last time I looked at it, it wanted me to sign in, and couldn't remember password. I don't recall what I wanted, and it probably wasn't just patterns, but the DS thread. tigerella

I didn't know there was a downsizer forum on there. It has taken me a long while to get involved with ravelry and work out the system, but I am now a great fan. I have had loads of good advice on fleece and spinning and plant dyes and actually met up with a few people, all of whom have been well worth knowing. It's a wonderful place to share an interest. However, Downsizer has a much sharper edge, or do I mean blunter approach? My two favourite online spots combined - I'll try to find the forum.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home