Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Went

Downsizing abroad....meet?

Having read the thread about the aber meet.......seems they had a great time (odd bunch I thought... Laughing ). Any Downsizers abroad (or anywhere for that matter) think that a meet in say France (as many live there) or here in Northern Spain next year might be feasible?

Thoughts.......or ideas?
kevin.vinke

In principle it sounds like it would be fun Cool possibly next autumn most would be busy during the growing months.
thos

In principle, yes, but 'abroad' is awfully big. Spain and even most of France would be too far for me.
Anders

We had a few people round last summer. It was good. Would be great if more people could be persuaded to join in.
madmonk

Count us in, any excuse to get out of working Laughing
Anders

Mr Monk, - hello,

how are things progressing?
madmonk

Two rooms 99.9% complete, starting on the kitchen in the next couple of days, then it's up in the loft for the beds and bathrooms. when are you over and for how long, bring your thermals Laughing
Anders

Hey, you are almost done by the sound of it. I guess the meet could be at your place next summer then.

We're coming over this saturday.
Is it cold? I thought the weather was quite mild.

Have a good christmas.
Ohh, same to everyone else of course.
Contadino

Whilst I love having like-minded people to 'talk' with on t'internet, my green commitment means I don't travel unless it's absolutely necessary. Plus it takes more than wild horses to drag me from my little bit of paradise.

If you do have a meet, have fun.
Anders

Cycling is always an option, Contadino Smile
madmonk

On yer bike Laughing Laughing
Contadino

Yeah, you cycle down here, and next year I'll cycle to you. Half of the Alps section will be downhill. Smile
Green Rosie

Contadino wrote:
Whilst I love having like-minded people to 'talk' with on t'internet, my green commitment means I don't travel unless it's absolutely necessary. Plus it takes more than wild horses to drag me from my little bit of paradise.

If you do have a meet, have fun.

We could always come to you Very Happy
madmonk

Hey Anders -8 last night, definately bring your thermals, or your sleeveless lambskin Viking bodywarmer Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anders

Checked the met site last night. It said -3, hmmm guess you are wrong Wink
Green Rosie

madmonk wrote:
Hey Anders -8 last night, definately bring your thermals, or your sleeveless lambskin Viking bodywarmer Laughing Laughing Laughing

Monday was our coldest day - minus 7 at night and did not get above minus 4 all day. So what day did we chose to have our new woodburner fitted - yep that's right Monday.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home