Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
joanne

Droplet

https://dropletpay.com/

A new player on the instant payments scene, seems to be a really good way of paying for things and it's free for small merchants.

ESTA, Lancaster's Ethical Small Traders Association are heavily promoting it at the moment but it's national in it's approach.
vegplot

Nice but it's not cross platform.

Quote:
Droplet is only available on iOS and Android devices (this incudes tablets), if the person you send money to doesn't have an iOS or Android device, they won't be able to create an account.
joanne

Nice but it's not cross platform.

Quote:
Droplet is only available on iOS and Android devices (this incudes tablets), if the person you send money to doesn't have an iOS or Android device, they won't be able to create an account.

It's economy of scale though isn't it, that's still 90% or so of smartphone users! And it doesn't need to be the only method of payment, just another way to pay
vegplot

It's not difficult to build a Windows or Blackberry app and capture that 10%. It would be worth it considering the size of the potential market.
joanne

It's not difficult to build a Windows or Blackberry app and capture that 10%. It would be worth it considering the size of the potential market.

Maybe they will when Windoze 10 comes out
Hairyloon

It's not difficult to build a Windows or Blackberry app and capture that 10%.
It is not difficult to buy an android, if you think the tool would be useful.
vegplot

It's not difficult to build a Windows or Blackberry app and capture that 10%.
It is not difficult to buy an android, if you think the tool would be useful.

An easier and much less expensive option is to use another provider.
vegplot

Maybe they will when Windoze 10 comes out

I think you have a typo there.
Nick

Blackberry?

Is this a thread from 2003?
tahir

If it was we'd have a chance of winning in Cardiff tomorrow.
Nick

Hah. Smile

(it's not)
robkb

I don't know if this should be a Laughing Laughing or a Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lorrainelovesplants

I really do need to catch up with a decent phone....I just grudge it as I have a cheap simple PAYG and only use 30 in 4 months - what would be the point?
On the other hand, they DO seem to be able to take videos rather well. Is this why Ill get one? To make videos? Rolling Eyes
Pilsbury

You can still put your SIM into a second hand smart phone and stay on payg as far as I know, surely the kids have a spare smart phone laying round. Lorrainelovesplants

what you mean the ones with the broken screens? Smile I will ask the remaining child when he returns from college..... Smile Pilsbury

Replacing screens can be quite cheap, certianly cheaper than taking out a new smartphone contract as far as I know.
mind you mine got fixed on insurance
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home