Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
ArlisClarke

duck eggs. emergency here

Does anyone know if you have put duck eggs into incubator , then realize the timing will mean they hatch when you are out of town, can you take them out of incubator after 12-20 hours and refrigerate and wait a week to incubate or is it too late? help
sean

I'm not an expert, but I reckon that's a no. Think of an egg hatching as like a pregnancy. My guess is that either you jack it in, or get someone in to babysit the edd.
Treacodactyl

sean wrote:
babysit the edd.
Shocked
Treacodactyl

Re: duck eggs. emergency here

ArlisClarke wrote:
Does anyone know if you have put duck eggs into incubator , then realize the timing will mean they hatch when you are out of town, can you take them out of incubator after 12-20 hours and refrigerate and wait a week to incubate or is it too late? help

I'm not sure but I thought eggs often hatch over 24 hours or so, so it would be difficult to gauge exactly when they'll hatch.
sean

Treacodactyl wrote:
sean wrote:
babysit the edd.
Shocked

Estimated date of delivery. Has no-one else done obstetrics?
Lloyd

Laughing Laughing Laughing Only gynaecology, mate..for personal reasons..... Laughing
ButteryHOLsomeness

sean wrote:
Treacodactyl wrote:
sean wrote:
babysit the edd.
Shocked

Estimated date of delivery. Has no-one else done obstetrics?

i knew what it meant sean...

maybe everyone else thought you just had a typo for egg Laughing
Gertie

Sean, would never do that, Buttery!! Wink

Although I have no knowledge of duck eggs, I would agree with the above comments and probably say that the best thing is to see if you can get someone to take care of the eggs in your absence.

Is this feasible?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home