Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Barefoot Andrew

Earworms language courses

Spied this advert in the Radio Times:-

Quote:
Earworms' revolutionary new approach to language learning uses the same brain function that causes us to repeat catchy tune ("earworms"). Mimicking the way we're taught as childrenm, the music and tunes on each download teach vocabulary and structure with minimum concentration required. Earworms will help you pick up essential foreign words and phrases almost instantly.

http://www.earwormslearning.com/

Normal price is around £8-9 per individual MP3, and the Spanish three-MP3 course is available as a discounted bundle of MP3s 1 and 2, and the third available on its own.

However, there's 20% off courtesy of Radio Times. Just enter "RADIO" in the coupon box when prompted.

We're going to give these a whirl for Spanish, French and German. Nell and I already have a grounding in Spanish and the refresher will be fun. We're going to use the French and German ones to help the chillun's language learning at school.

A.
Finsky

I just had a look at the site and listened some samples....hmm...spanish sounded very clear, but not sure about the French...but perharps its my earworm that has hearing problems Shocked
Something with that method is working as my dogs ears pricked up during Spanish talk.. Very Happy ..maybe the problem to her hearing 'problems' has always been the wrong language I use...she might be a 'Spanish dog' Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
Interesting way of learning...but I suspect one still need some determination to make effort to listen in fist place.. Rolling Eyes ..which in my previous attempts with other 'courses' have always come to halt once the newness has worn out. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Earworms will help you pick up essential foreign words and phrases almost instantly.

I've already forgotten what I listened and repeated only few minutes ago Embarassed
Barefoot Andrew

Quote:
Earworms will help you pick up essential foreign words and phrases almost instantly.

I've already forgotten what I listened and repeated only few minutes ago Embarassed

Laughing

We certainly plan to use the Spanish one alongside our other materials - notably the excellent Michel Thomas CDs.
A.
Went

Lots of free resources here:

http://www.succeed-at-spanish.com/

Be aware that although useful, Michel Thomas teaches S. American Spanish and pronunciation is often different to traditional Spanish.
Barefoot Andrew

I prefer the Latin Spanish accent...
A.
Went

A.

Bah... I bet you buy Tesco's Chorizo as well Shocked
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing
A.
Nick

A.

It's so much nicer than that foreign muck.
Nell Merionwen

A.

It's so much nicer than that foreign muck.

You are BA's Dad and I claim my £5 Laughing
Finsky

I must get my brain and eyes checked out....I keep reading/seeing topic as 'earthworm language courses'.. Rolling Eyes
...now that would be fun Laughing

And I keep making the same reading mistake everytime I check the 'latest posts'...must have court the eyeworm.. Laughing At least I've got one if not another sort.. Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home