Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipe Database
earthyvirgo

Easy peasy Scottish oatcakes

These have just come out of the oven.
The easiest recipe in the world, well, almost.

I made them with butter as I don't use lard.

There recipe is here http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usrecipes/oatcakes/index.html

Might try some sesame seeds in them next time.

EV
Sally Too

Those look good... must try!
Fee

http://forum.downsizer.net/viewtopic.php?t=48488&highlight=oatcakes

Wink

Great, aren't they? Good with marmite in the mix too!
earthyvirgo

Fee wrote:
http://forum.downsizer.net/viewtopic.php?t=48488&highlight=oatcakes

Wink

Great, aren't they? Good with marmite in the mix too!

Oops! Sorry Fee Smile
Very similar, mine took 10 mins in the oven and is half oatmeal and half wholemeal flour.

Same flower cutters! (TK Maxx?)

EV
Fee

Laughing Quite possibly!
Green Rosie

Where do you get your oatmeal? When I was in the UK I really struggled to get it - none in Sainsbury's or Waitrose and I eventually found some in Holland and Barrett.
earthyvirgo

Green Rosie wrote:
Where do you get your oatmeal? When I was in the UK I really struggled to get it - none in Sainsbury's or Waitrose and I eventually found some in Holland and Barrett.

Tesco's I think Embarassed

EV
Green Rosie

earthyvirgo wrote:
Green Rosie wrote:

Tesco's I think Embarassed

EV

So now they almost have the monopoly on oatmeal as well Shocked
Fee

I think health food shop, but I saw it in Waitrose the other day too.
wishus

I use butter too. I don't think it makes a lot of difference.
Nom nom nom.

Got some nice cheese to eat with them?
judith

Green Rosie wrote:

Can you not just whizz up some oats briefly in the blender?
sean

judith wrote:
Green Rosie wrote:

Can you not just whizz up some oats briefly in the blender?

That's an unreasonably easy and practical solution for downsizer. Can you not come up with something that involves installing a watermill or using the parts from a redundant washing machine or something?
judith

Sorry.
Of course what I meant to say was, "Can you not just whizz them up in the blender having first grown your own in a windowbox from seeds that have travelled round the country several times by DS wagon train, and then harvested them using the scythe that you hand-crafted from an old pallet and couple of bicycle spokes?"
gardening-girl

Laughing : Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipe Database
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home