Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bingo

Enough Mushrooms for Dinner.

Well, I found enough for myself.

A good varitey too.

Here you have Ceps (Boletus Edulis), Honey Fungus (Armillaria mellea), Porcelain Fungus (Oudemansiella mucida), Boletus pruinatus, Lycoperdom pedicellatum, Amethyst deceiver and Deceiver (Laccaria amethystea and Laccaria laccata), Saffron Milk Caps (Lactarius deliciousus) and some Chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius).

Here's a close up of the Porcelain fungus.

A close up of the Honey Fungus.

I also found these Panther caps Amanita pantherina(do not pick these), they are deadly.

Poisonous!

I've done better but I've done a lot worse aswell. Very Happy
Stewy

Sweet.
PeteS

Very nice Bingo! Not that unlike what I found on Saturday, apart from the honey fungus which for some reason I haven't tried.

PS - I really liked the Saffron Milk-caps.
bingo

I normally don't bother with it but given there's not much about.

I left most of it.
bingo

Just cooked up my mushrooms and I'm converted to Honey Fungus, it was lovely. Really nutty, I cooked them untill they where crispy and they didn't taste unlike Ceps. I'd only eaten it once before and didn't think much of it but this was quality.
bingo

I'll be going back to get the rest of it.
jp

Nice haul Bingo - did you cook them up together or use them in different dishes?

Loads of Porcelain Fungus (Oudemansiella mucida) in the Forest at the moment, but can't get past the slimyness to try eating them yet Confused .

Found a few Ceps too, though sadly a bit battered & slug nibbled.

[img]
[/img]

Also found an immaculate Destroying Angel (Amanita virosa) - beautiful bur deadly.

Also some fungi I have not seen before, which I think are Spectacular Rustgill (Gymnopilus junonius). Very impressive patch. If correct, I don't think they are edible....

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]
bingo

JP, I just cooked them all together apart from the Honey Fungus which I cooked first to try it.
Porcelain isn't as bad as you might think, give it a go.
Stewy

Do you have a pic of the Angel JP?
PeteS

bingo wrote:
JP, I just cooked them all together apart from the Honey Fungus which I cooked first to try it.
Porcelain isn't as bad as you might think, give it a go.

Hmmm... looks like I'll be picking some Porcelain and Honey fungus. I saw a patch of Honey fungus at the weekend but left it. However, I still found the Saffron Milk-cap qaulity - underratted I think.
bingo

Don't get me wrong, Porcelain are'nt the tastiest mushrooms I'v ever eaten but they filled a gap.
PeteS

If we get a frost in the next few days (as forecast) it might be my last chance to try it until next season. Ah well... there are always Blewits.
jp

Quote:
Do you have a pic of the Angel JP?

Sorry Stewy, the photos were taken at home as you can see - forgot to take the camera into the woods.
skedone

no catch bingo must get down to new forest next year, then again did not even get chance to investigate main woodland near me this year so it will prob not be next year lol
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home