Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
madmonk

Farewell Tay and Andy

Tay and Andy leave France tomorrow to go to Newcastle to do their degrees we wish them all the very best and wish them luck in their new endeavours, anyone in the Newcastle area like to keep an eye on them and translate for them Laughing seriously send them back in one piece.
Barefoot Andrew

Re: Farewell Tay and Andy

madmonk wrote:
we wish them all the very best

We certainly do.
A.
tahir

Good luck guys
dougal

Good luck, and you'll need it in Bigg Market... Very Happy

They do have inter-thingy up there, don't they?
marigold

Best wishes! Enjoy your studies, look forward to hearing how you get on in the Far North Very Happy
Blue Sky

Best of luck to both of you. Enjoy yourselves up north.

See you again in three years. Wink
Cathryn

dougal wrote:
They do have inter-thingy up there, don't they?

I am sure they do you know Wink
Hello Andy and Tay! Very Happy
Snowball

Very best of luck to you both.
I didn't realise they did degrees in Mafia. Smile
cab

Three years in Newcastle. Excellent, they'll have a whale of a time.

Good luck!
Cathryn

Laughing Haven't you signed up yet (you could do with some help)?
Zoe

All the best to you both.

You never know the rain might have stopped by the time you get back Smile
bernie-woman

Have a great time and enjoy yourselves - oh and don't study too hard Very Happy
gil

All the best, Tay and Andy. Welcome to the northern end of Downsizer !
Tay

Thank you all for the good luck wishes... Please send some more as we're having a dreadful time trying to find accommodation. Wink

Newcastle really is a great city, clean, green and excellent transport links. If you haven't visited it, do so - you're missing out.
marigold

Hello Tay, best wishes x zillions with finding perfect-for-you accommodation up there very soon Very Happy .
Jamanda

Hi Tay

Did you notice the new Mafia sign up thread?

Good luck with the house hunting.
Cathryn

Tay - perhaps someone on here can help with some ideas (and a luxury house that needs looking after for a few years maybe?)
Jamanda

Sorry Tay - you were streets ahead of me! Very Happy
Cathryn

What happened to the beach?
Jamanda

ruby wrote:
What happened to the beach?

Been and come home again. Unfortunately Fee didn't arrive until we were already there Sad But we had a nice time with Ali and the boys. And we all waved at a little boat that we decided must be Jonnyboy Laughing
Cathryn

Smile sounds great (I'm sure it was Jonnyboy Wink ) Don't take all the limoncello tonight you never know when you might need some more...
Vanessa

Good luck Tay and Andy. Have you tried asking the Uni for their accommodation list?

What are you going to study?
Tay

Thanks. The accommodation list is of no help to us as the uni will not let two people share one room; we have to rent two... Which we don't want or need, and certainly can't afford. Sad

We'll be studying GIS - Geographic Information Science, so cartography, digital mapping, remote sensing etc. Should be fun, providing we're not homeless. Laughing
Blue Sky

I take it you are cybercafe-ing at present?

You have our sympathy, we have been there too. It is quite an adventure really.
hedgewitch

Tay wrote:
Thanks. The accommodation list is of no help to us as the uni will not let two people share one room; we have to rent two... Which we don't want or need, and certainly can't afford. Sad

We'll be studying GIS - Geographic Information Science, so cartography, digital mapping, remote sensing etc. Should be fun, providing we're not homeless. Laughing

Tay, are you undergraduates? If you are, try asking for the post-grad accommodation list. That usually has some provision for couples. The undergraduate list will assume you're teenagers and not requiring accommodation for couples.
Tay

Thanks for that. The uni did give us the post-grad list (yes, we are undergraduates), but there was only one place on it which was suitable, and that had gone already. We're still looking, but now for flats rather than house-shares. Saw quite a nice one yesterday - just got to sort out the dosh for it.
Behemoth

I'd help but it was twenty years ago and I was drunk. There used to be a sandwhich shop at the bottom of the steps from the Union into town. Cracking peanut and banana stotties. Are you based in the Geography dept?
Cathryn

Sorry got to do this in case she is hovering...

TAY pick up your message you pest

I know you have heard it before from me but...
Tay

The pest has picked up her PM - thank you. Wink Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home