Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Bugs

Farm Ideas Magazine

Never heard of it before - think it might be for real farmers, but we have a few of them on here Wink

http://www.farmideas.co.uk/magazine.php
Rob R

We've had this before. To say it is full of good ideas would be a bit of an exaggeration, as only occassionally does it feature a really good idea that isn't an abvious or simple solution that may be reached by applying a bit of common sense.
tahir

Looks good, anybody subscribe?
tahir

Maybe not then? Laughing
Rob R

tahir wrote:
Maybe not then? Laughing

I would certainly think there are better publications you could subscribe to, like general smallholding mags Cool
wellington womble

Which is your favourite? - I like them for dreaming in the bath-time reading (it makes himself laugh!)
Bugs

Thanks Rob, thought it looked a bit improbable, and probably explains why I've never heard of it.

I really like Country Smallholding, I've had a look at Smallholder a couple of times but never really got in to it.

We get it because it's an easy way of picking up a good deal of ideas and information for a number of things we'd like to do...one day...but I don't see why people shouldn't enjoy it for general reading, the articles are at several different levels and there are plenty of chicken pictures for you to leave surrepticiously about the house until himself can no longer hold out, WW Wink
wellington womble

he's all for it in principle (I think it might be the living in a house without any neighbours, and nice views and the wood!) as long as he doesn't actually have to do any farming!

He's coming round - when I met him he was really posh, and totally un'self reliant. Now he's doing a plumbing course, and noticed that the lettuces needed watering! He only thinks I'm a bit mad, now!
Bugs

wellington womble wrote:
I met him he was really posh

Shocked You his bit of rough then? Cool
Rob R

Bugs wrote:
wellington womble wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Rob R

wellington womble wrote:
Which is your favourite? - I like them for dreaming in the bath-time reading (it makes himself laugh!)

I've cut down on subscriptions, as the price goes up Sad but I used to get Smallholder magazine, FW, FG; nowadays the only publications I am subsrcibed to are the pedigree society publications, Moredun newsletters & newssheets and the Ark.
Bugs

Rob R wrote:
Moredun newsletters & newssheets and the Ark.

Hullo Rob, hope you're OK, not seen you about much, anyone would think you had a farm to run or something Smile . The Ark...is that the RBST newsletter? And the others are about animal diseases? (I looked that up in Google...).
Rob R

Bugs wrote:
Rob R wrote:
Moredun newsletters & newssheets and the Ark.

Hullo Rob, hope you're OK, not seen you about much, anyone would think you had a farm to run or something Smile . The Ark...is that the RBST newsletter? And the others are about animal diseases? (I looked that up in Google...).

Yes, that's right Smile
tahir

I'd better start subscribing to a smallholding mag, which one do people recommend?
wellington womble

Bugs wrote:
wellington womble wrote:

Oi. I heard that! (eventually!) Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home