just found this site, with lots of places for sale and some to rent
http://www.farminguk.com

www.freewebs.com/bramblescroft
tahir

Good link, 6.95 acres of woodland nr Chelmsford with cricket bat willows £50k
Jb

Most of them around here seem to be seven figures and upwards Sad
Truffle

good site- I seem to have developed an obsession with hunting down farms/smallholdings for sale (not that I can afford any!)- quite a few on here not listed on other sites.....
piggybreeder

Im the same ,I love looking ,cant afford ,but can always dream, Smile
tahir

piggybreeder wrote:
Im the same ,I love looking ,cant afford ,but can always dream, Smile

Never give up dreaming, I dreamt for years
Jonnyboy

tahir wrote:

I told you, it's never going to happen, ever.
tahir

Jonnyboy wrote:
tahir wrote:

I told you, it's never going to happen, ever.

Listen, if England can win the RWC anything can happen....
LynneA

This is the problem, we all have good plans for any windfall - so we'll never win the lottery.

Slightly miffed that the wreck I took a liking to on the Profile Homes site is already under offer.
Evil or Very Mad
Truffle

Over the past year I've started to come to the conclusion that the best option is a self-build. If we can get the land cheap enough then I think just by selling our little terrace and taking on a small mortgage we could finance an eco-self build (timber house with geothermal heating etc)... we're on a big drive to find the land and IF (a very big IF!!!) we find land cheap enough AND get planning permission then we should be able to build for a fraction of the cost of buying....

Seems to be the only option at the mo and I've spent ages planning how to build it so it can essentially be off-the-grid. What plans has everyone else got?

Here’s day dreaming,

Truffle
Andy B

Rob a bank or change carreer !! I am thinking of going into politics, pays not great, but plenty of backhanders.
sally_in_wales

Truffle wrote:
Over the past year I've started to come to the conclusion that the best option is a self-build. If we can get the land cheap enough then I think just by selling our little terrace and taking on a small mortgage we could finance an eco-self build (timber house with geothermal heating etc)... we're on a big drive to find the land and IF (a very big IF!!!) we find land cheap enough AND get planning permission then we should be able to build for a fraction of the cost of buying....

Seems to be the only option at the mo and I've spent ages planning how to build it so it can essentially be off-the-grid. What plans has everyone else got?

Here’s day dreaming,

Truffle

Thats pretty much our conclusion, though I'm not ruling out buying next door if it ever comes on the market and knocking both houses and gardens into one.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home