Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
earthyvirgo

Fashionable Fashionistas

Wonderful uplifting programme about 6 women with an average age of 80, who are growing old with style and a good dose of "sod what people think".

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fabulous-fashionistas/4od

EV
dpack

inspiring ladies
gil

Very Happy
Bodrighy

Saw that and loved it. Wonder how many of us men have the guts to be as individual. I want to but have I the nerve?

pete
MornieG

Wonderfully inspiring programme that shouted out, just be yourself.

Pete I will get you in that frock coat yet LOL

Mo.XX
earthyvirgo

Mo.XX

It's certainly made me rethink my wardrobe - I may well be clearing out a lot of boring/safe stuff very soon.

I thought the lady with the fringe was amazing.

EV
Went

Saw that and loved it. Wonder how many of us men have the guts to be as individual. I want to but have I the nerve?

pete

Where you lead Pete - others will follow - just make sure to post pics to inspire us... Very Happy
MornieG

Mo.XX

It's certainly made me rethink my wardrobe - I may well be clearing out a lot of boring/safe stuff very soon.

I thought the lady with the fringe was amazing.

EV

You don't have to clear it out just pep it up a but with something brighter and more edgy. I did try yesterday with some bright blue/green linen trousers, they were too long so got out a pair of three tone high heels and off I went to town...................really need more practice with the 4inch heels, so pleased to get them off by lunchtime !! Maybe I'm not cut out to be a Fabulous Fashionista and have to settle for a slightly less boring than my usual black sorta person LOL
MornieG

pete

Where you lead Pete - others will follow - just make sure to post pics to inspire us... Very Happy

He has acquired a bottle green top hat to wear when he demo's, looks fab with his long silver ( sorry Pete ash blond ) hair. A nice bottle green jacket with velvet collar and pocket flaps and a really bright contrasting lining.................

Mo.XX
Mistress Rose

I didn't have the time to watch it, but the start of it made me wonder. It is up to the individual what they want to look like of course, but I prefer to be more practical myself. I don't wear bright colours most of the time because I don't particularly like them, but try to blend my colours to suit what I like. I have always hated clashes; in fact they can make me feel physically ill, so have always gone for tones.

As being myself in the past has included wearing morris dancing kit, 17th century clothing, currently boots, socks and skirt to the local shops when on my way to of from the woods, I think this is being novel enough to be going on with. Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home