Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
gythagirl

Favourite Runner Bean Recipes!

I'm inundated with the things so inspiration is required please! Any faves from peeps other than chutney, which I make every year Laughing
sean

This is nice. Not going to go very far towards using up a glut I admit.
Nick

I dont have a recipe but the nicest single thing I've eaten this week was runner beans cooked in a tomato sauce with olive oil. An ice cold Mythos helped, for sure.

This looks similar.

http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/greek-green-beans-recipe-fasolakia-giaxni/
gythagirl

Good grief Sean, that amount of cream and cream cheese looks like a heart attack on a plate! Yummy, yes...healthy? Ummm....

Whereas Nick's suggestion not only showcases the runner bean (or french bean) but can also include courgettes - a slam dunk at this time of year Laughing
gythagirl

I will make up the Greek dish and report back...
Nick

I will make up the Greek dish and report back...

I'm unsure if it should be hot cold or warm. We had it Luke warm, just with bread. It worked very well. Then fresh pasta was dragged around the empty, oily, tomatoey bowl.
Shan

Hmmm.... I could imagine a little crumbled fresh feta with Nick's tomatoey beans... and a glass of retsina...
Nick

Hmmm.... I could imagine a little crumbled fresh feta with Nick's tomatoey beans... and a glass of retsina...

I'll send you photos of my lunch. Smile
Shan

Super! sean

Good grief Sean, that amount of cream and cream cheese looks like a heart attack on a plate! Yummy, yes...healthy? Ummm....

I didn't suggest making it your staple diet.
gythagirl

Quote:
I didn't suggest making it your staple diet.

Just a very luxurious 'side' Very Happy
Green Rosie

Lunch today was simply runner beans topped with the extra passata I had made and a poached duck egg. Yum and all home produced. gythagirl

I made up a smaller amount (not with 1250g beans - there's only me at home atm!!!) of Nick's link Greek Green Beans recipe yesterday, using half runners and half climbing purple, and had it at room temp with crumbled feta last night - simple and delicious.

Funny isn't it, I use french beans in salady dishes but never runners, I only ever serve them hot, (yes I've done poached egg on top too Rosie - lovely!) so I'm really pleased.
Nick

See. I'm not just a heartless bastard selfishly on holiday for two weeks in the sun. I'm adding to the downsizer experience. Shan

Debatable... no recipe... no photos... sounds like taunting to me. Wink Nick

It's an artisan creation. Each mother passes the family recipe to her children. It's different around every family table. I've provided a link to a generalisation.

I'm unable to post a picture but I can email if you're desperate.

I've a few moments now, as I wait for my lunch to be delivered to my harbourside table.
Just let me know.
Shan

Nope...I'm sure you are using it as a cover to taunt us. Razz
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home