Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
jettejette

Feather duster substitute

I can't find my feather duster, cobwebs everywhere - brought to my attention when I was putting up the paper chains last week but I successfully ignored them.
But now I have friends coming to dinner tomorrow.
What do I do now?
Piggyphile

On the DVD Tales of the Green Valley they used the end of a goose's wing but I don't suppose you have one of those hanging around. I would use a cloth on the end of a broom.
vegplot

Vacuum cleaner.
12Bore

Vacuum cleaner, long hose & nozzle, also good for wasps Wink
Falstaff

Put your feet up and pour yourself another Gin !

If that's all you have to worry about leave it be - Cool

Consider your guests - if you're too perfect, they will be too intimidated to invite you back Wink
LynneA

Years ago, whilst driving back from our family holiday in Builth, the car broke down near Leominster, and we ended up staying in a big old farmhouse that looked like it hadn't changed for nigh on a century. We went down to the kitchen in the morning and there were four or five goose wings hung up in the pantry for that purpose.

Pumpkin is turning into quite an enterprising climber. I reckon pretty soon there will only be a couple of cobwebs that remain out of reach of her tail.
jettejette

[quote="Falstaff:1425608"]Put your feet up and pour yourself another Gin !

Consider your guests - if you're too perfect, they will be too intimidated to invite you back Wink[/quote? .

You could be right!

For tonight I'll crack out the red wine but I know I'll lose confidence tomorrow and will have dig out the broom and cloth.

I am safe in the knowledge that even Stepte woudn't feel intimidated by the perfection of my house.
Mistress Rose

Sons cat climbs on the top of their high cupboards and dusts them with her tail, so I dare say she deals with the cobwebs while she is up there too. Otherwise I would either go for the vacuum cleaner or the cloth on a broom methods.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home