Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Cathryn

Fergie T20 bits wanted

I have a friend who has just become the owner of one of these, it came with the house. He would like some of the attachments to go with this new toy can anyone on here help at all please? Have you come across any for sale or do you have anything yourself?
Ty Gwyn

What is he after?

Tell him to try an add in the Agri Trader.
onemanband

A bit of a long shot - I got these

Click to see full size image

I got no idea what they are from or for. My guess is they are vintage tractor attachments.
Cathryn

Thank you Ty Gwyn, I'll suggest that too him.

onemanband - Jack say's he has one of those but he cannot remember what it's for.* He thinks it might be something to do with fencing.

*It will be going. Wink If he cannot remember what it's for and it hasn't been used in the last decade or two...
alison

Isn't it for tensioning livestock fencing.
Ty Gwyn

Not very HSE,but i believe these are axle lifters to get the wheels off the ground to change wheels,easy with the front,but chocks needed when lifting the back wheels,
Seen a pair of these in a sale once,and a few of the older men were showing how they were used,they look similar but slightly different.
onemanband

I'm not sure about the axle lifter/jack thing. Doesn't seem sturdy enough.
I could see mesh fence hooking over the hooks, but won't it be pulling in the wrong direction ?
My guess is for hooking a bale of hay on.
vegplot

Isn't it for tensioning livestock fencing.
That would be my guess
Ty Gwyn

I could see mesh fence hooking over the hooks, but won't it be pulling in the wrong direction ?

Here`s what i saw in the sale which is a ferguson jack,

http://www.ploughmyfield.com/tractorJack.htm

Will have to go back to the drawing board on that photo,lol.
onemanband

See what you mean about not very HSE - that looks well flimsy.
I've made heavier duty things to put motorbikes on.
dpack

Here`s what i saw in the sale which is a ferguson jack,

http://www.ploughmyfield.com/tractorJack.htm

Will have to go back to the drawing board on that photo,lol.

Shocked mweeep Rolling Eyes
dpack

paul at rosewood knows a lot about old tractors it might be worth asking re parts,methods etc

ps i dought he will give up any of his bits or equipment but he might know about sourcing things.

his oldest one is i think about 1952 and he rebuilt it into an ace tool for little fields ,tight spaces etc.

iirc there are vintage tractor societies that also could be a valuable source of parts/knowledge etc

i recon a workshop manual should be the first thing your mate tries to obtain
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home