Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Rosie Judy

Fibre East today

and yesterday but that is not much help.

It is in Ampthill near Bedford - Junction 13 of the M1.

It is amazing - going back today with more cash...... Starts at 10.00am

There is a website - I'll try a link - http://www.fibre-east.co.uk
mochyn

Have a lovely day: I do love a fibre festival, although I usually onlu manage Wonderwool because it's nearby.

And welcome to the site! Laughing
Rosie Judy

Hi,

I am actually Rosemary Judy but somehow it wouldn't let me in so I made a new ID ......I have been around a while.

many of the exhibitors were are Wonderwool, or so they all said. I can't get to Wales, so this is apparently nearly as good.
mochyn

Ah! All becomes clear! Laughing Laughing Laughing
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Argh! This fell off my radar entirely!

Is there a secret hairpin/handshake combo to recognise DSers in the wild??

Another edit - setting off now, wearing wild-woman hair, a slightly too short dress, and no doubt a fine layer of dog fluff. And hay. Laughing
arvo

If you ask the tech elves nicely (I think you've got to leave them out a glass of sherry and a mince pie or something) they can restore your Rosemary Judy-ness.
Pilsbury

Is there a secret hairpin/handshake combo to recognise DSers in the wild??
i have often wondered about this, on another forum I frequent there is someone making pewter badges that can only be bought by pm with a forum name so supposedly if you see anyone wearing the badge its a good bet they are a member.
Not sure if anyone here has the set up, time or inclination to do something similer.
Chickem

Hi,

I am actually Rosemary Judy but somehow it wouldn't let me in so I made a new ID

This happened to me too a couple of weeks ago!
Barefoot Andrew came to my rescue and is now forever my Hero! Very Happy
wellington womble

I went to fibre east last year - lots if fun and possibly expensive.... Rosie Judy

Indeed - I spent all my money and I have lovely wonderful yarn for a HUGE purple shawl, lots of socks, and some 1 ply for an Estonian lace shawl.
I also have woad and some other stuff to dye some of Rob's Kerry Hill with, and some buttons for the cardi the dyed Kerry Hill will be. One day !

I did not buy any drop spindles or real spinning wheels, although they tried really hard to sell me both.

I had an ice cream and watched a man shear a sheep.....

I overheard a lady saying she has spent all her money, all her emergency money and the gas bill money ........

Didn't see you NMG

Next year we must arrange a downsizer meet up.

It was a fab day out !
NorthernMonkeyGirl

It was 80% wonderful and 20% depressing - "oh, there are the wheels I can't afford, the knitting I can't do, the breeds I no longer look after, the breeds I used to want to have one day..." Sad

Hey Chez, they had an Angora rabbit too Wink

I did splash out on an 8 drop spindle and an overpriced coffee though.

And I recognised Flitwick from the last time I went there by mistake (think I even stopped to map read in the same car park Laughing)
Barefoot Andrew

Hi,

I am actually Rosemary Judy but somehow it wouldn't let me in so I made a new ID

This happened to me too a couple of weeks ago!
Barefoot Andrew came to my rescue and is now forever my Hero! Very Happy

I have Done Things and emailed you RJ Very Happy
A.
Rosie Judy

Thanks - I got my email, but it is not working...... Crying or Very sad

off to do techy stuff.......
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home