Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Aeolienne

Filofax-style diary refills made from recycled paper?

Says it all really. I have a personal organiser made from recycled circuit boards*, so I'd like to carry on the green theme with a recycled-paper 2009 diary insert. Neither Filofax nor WHSmith are selling anything recycled.
* http://ecocentric.co.uk/acatalog/eco_centric_eco_office_personal_organiser.html
http://www.revolve-uk.com/Products/products_organiser.htm
sean

I've googled around and can't find anything either. Confused However there are loads of recycled paper notebooks and so on out there. Invest in one of those and a hole punch maybe?
sean

Oh, and tell Smiths and Filofax what you were looking for. If enough people ask for it someone will start selling it.
Aeolienne

sean wrote:
Oh, and tell Smiths and Filofax what you were looking for.

I've contacted Filofax through their website and received this reply:
Filofax wrote:
We did launch some products in recycled paper in the past, but unfortunately they did not sell very well and were therefore discontinued.

However, the paper that we do use is woodfree, and we may possibly consider recycled paper again at some point in the future.

I've also contacted EcoCentric and received this reply:
Michael, EcoCentric Customer Care wrote:
I'm sorry we don't have any this year as we have struggled to source any from recycled paper - though the organizer is a standard size so refills are available from most good newsagents.
Aeolienne

And another word from Filofax:
Filofax wrote:
The words "wood-free", although commonly used in the paper trade, are a bit of a misnomer as the paper does originally come from wood. In this case, however, the paper is produced from mechanically-pulped wood. This means that the fibres are broken down mechanically, without the need to use chemicals. It's a bit complicated but I hope this helps.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Array Home Array Home