Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
kevin.vinke

Finaly got my licence...

After a lot of finger crossing I finaly got my licence to buy firearms.
Not wanting to waste any time I´ve bought an Anschütze Match 54 which means I won´t have to keep rezeroing the club rifles everytime I shoot.
The wish list is now as follows:
Lee Enfield .303
L1A1 SLR 7.62 hopefully with a suit sight
Finaly a pistol probably 9mm possibly the Browning. This will require me to get the Green version of the licence though.

Sadly all for target shooting etc. no hunting Sad
marigold

Hi Kevin, haven't seen you around for a while - hope you and the family are OK?

Enjoy your firearms Very Happy . Why can't you hunt?
judith

Congratulations. Very Happy
vegplot

Re: Finaly got my licence...

kevin.vinke wrote:
Finaly a pistol probably 9mm possibly the Browning.

*envy*
gil

Well done !
kevin.vinke

I´m still around in the background Wink
Hunting is completely tied up here. All the land is rented to a hunt who then organise the running of it including the fees etc.
Just to get a licence takes two evenings and a full Saturday every week for six months course. Costs several thousand € and even then there´s no garauntee that you´ll a place to hunt.
Erikht

How is it with foreign licenses in the UK?
Brownbear

Erikht wrote:
How is it with foreign licenses in the UK?

Not a problem, as long as we're not talking Uzis or G36s or similar. Stalking rifles, bolt action anyway, are easy to get a visitor permit for.

Why, you coming stalking?

kevin.vinke wrote:
I´m still around in the background Wink
Hunting is completely tied up here. All the land is rented to a hunt who then organise the running of it including the fees etc.
Just to get a licence takes two evenings and a full Saturday every week for six months course. Costs several thousand € and even then there´s no garauntee that you´ll a place to hunt.

The one thing the Germans love more than a good sausage, is a good set of pointless and stifling regulations, ideally involving the issue of numerous forms with multi-coloured stamps, photocards, notarised copies of everything from your birth certificate to your bootprints, and an oath of some sort.

I took a German friend shooting once. He shot a very nice young roebuck, then insisted on putting a sprig of greenery between its lifeless jaws as a 'last meal', and a moment of silence for the fallen one.
kevin.vinke

Brownbear wrote:

The one thing the Germans love more than a good sausage, is a good set of pointless and stifling regulations, ideally involving the issue of numerous forms with multi-coloured stamps, photocards, notarised copies of everything from your birth certificate to your bootprints, and an oath of some sort.

I took a German friend shooting once. He shot a very nice young roebuck, then insisted on putting a sprig of greenery between its lifeless jaws as a 'last meal', and a moment of silence for the fallen one.

That´s it in a nutshell. Mind you it´s getting tighter and the licence I got maybe no longer available soon (though once you have it they can´t take it away). This is a reaction to the young lad who took his Dad´s 9mm (left ina bedside cabinet) 60 rounds of ammo and went around his old school executing people. Head shots very one.
Strangely they don´t come round to check your gun cabinet you have to send a signed photo of it!
kevin.vinke

Thought I´d update on the Anschütz.
The stock was a bit scratched up on the varnish so cleaned that off and used Danish oil on it. I much prefer the finish, doesn´t scratch and has a nice matt finish.
Last night I got my first go with it and put 50 rounds through. For an older rifle it is as accuarte as you could want with groupings of 15mm at 50mm.
A bit heavy for lugging around hunting but shooting from a hide would work fine.
So buying an older quality rifle (in this case) can be well worthwhile.

Anyone got a view on the best 9mm pistol (must have a .22 conversion available)?

cheers,
Kevin
Brownbear

kevin.vinke wrote:
(must have a .22 conversion available)?

cheers,
Kevin

Why?
kevin.vinke

Brownbear wrote:
kevin.vinke wrote:
(must have a .22 conversion available)?

cheers,
Kevin

Why?

Too shoot the larger caliber (over 200J) I have to join a second club
however in the current club we´re hoping to start off shooting match pistol with the aim of eventualy building a pistol range (up to 1500J) which hopefully will bring some of the youngsters into the club.

I´ve read the Browning high power for instance has some very good .22 conversions. It wuld also allow much cheaper practice costs lol
Brownbear

Not sure about .22 conversions, but I've known few people unhappy with the Sig. If I needed a pistol for 'work', I'd choose one of the CZ 75s, and I believe they do offer the 'kadett' conversion kit.
kevin.vinke

Brownbear wrote:
Not sure about .22 conversions, but I've known few people unhappy with the Sig. If I needed a pistol for 'work', I'd choose one of the CZ 75s, and I believe they do offer the 'kadett' conversion kit.

Yes fired the CZ very nice but a little small in my hand and it bites lol!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home