Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Rob R

Finished pigs ready for the chop

I have some pigs ready for the abattoir if anyone is after a well fed finished porker or baconer (may even be one or two small enough for a hog roast). Tamworth x Large Black & Saddleback x
Further details on our website
Mr O

Rob
any news on beef?
nettie

'ello Rob, yes do tell, would be interested again this year on the beef front.

Are the pigs coming in halves ready for home experimentation, or are you going to have them butchered and neatly cut into chops, roasting joints and sausages?
Rob R

The Orange wrote:
Rob
any news on beef?

The latest news is that it is now enjoying some Spring grass & hopefully putting on some good finish before the one way journey- it depends really upon how much grass you want it to have before it goes, but I may be thinking about shuffling the first off at the end of the month, so possibly mid-July.

If only beef grew like piggies Rolling Eyes
Rob R

nettie wrote:
Are the pigs coming in halves ready for home experimentation, or are you going to have them butchered and neatly cut into chops, roasting joints and sausages?

You can have them;

a) running around on four legs
b) killed & cut into two halves (or even left whole)
c) jointed & ready to bag up

whichever is preferred. One so far is being sold live & delivered to the abattoir, his eventual destination being sausages, but my bit ends when I deliver him.
chriseast1

Rob - How much would a half be ?(butchered)
saffranne

thought your lamb and beef would be ready for the end of june
Rob R

saffranne wrote:
thought your lamb and beef would be ready for the end of june

It all depends how people are coordinated- I have a definite order in for the end of June that has had to be delayed for two weeks. The earliest that lambs may go is 28th of June, due to the withdrawal period on their Spring worming treatment, so the effective pickup date would be the end of w/c 3rd of July, although we are taking a batch [of lambs] for collection the following week.

The popularity of lamb has meant that mutton will be in short supply this year, but I have been able to source some pedigree Kerry Hill lambs here in Yorkshire, which will be finished here at Rosewood this late summer/autumn & beyond.

As for beef, we did have an animal almost finished, but unfortunately he trapped a nerve in his spine. He has recovered enough to go out to grass with the others, but obviously it has set him [& beef orders] back somewhat. I will have a look at the beef & possibly send some to be ready to collect either the same week, or the week before the lamb.

chriseast1 wrote:
Rob - How much would a half be ?(butchered)

A half would be £120 all cut up (Offal, head, tail & trotters optional, at no extra cost).
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home