Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
monkey1973

First day of graft

Well folks, I've just finished my first day of graft as a self-employed individual. I was really looking forward to it as well. It was a general garden tidy-up but there were three stumps requiring removal. Two were relatively easy but the third was a real bugger! I got it though.
I'm feeling pretty shattered and my back feels a smidge tight but otherwise it's a great day Very Happy Very Happy
tahir

Well done, hope you build a nice wee business Wink
Treacodactyl

It must beat being stuck in an office all day.
Penny Outskirts

Well done you!! Official instuctions - go have a nice long soak in the bath Very Happy

It's three years tomorrow since we opened the shop. occasion1
monkey1973

Treacodactyl wrote:
It must beat being stuck in an office all day.

In a Churchill dog stylie "OOHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSS!"
mochyn

Yay! (Not a word I often use). Have lots of fun; keep your books up to date and never forget: IF IT STOPS BEING FUN, STOP DOING IT!
monkey1973

mochyn wrote:
IF IT STOPS BEING FUN, STOP DOING IT!

That's exactly why I quit my last job
mochyn

Ditto here: hence the retirement last week. Retired on Monday: knocked flat with a rotten cold Tuesday. Ain't that always the way? Still not completely recovered, but I'm not thinking "Darn this cold, I haven't got time to be ill: got to finish that design". I can really enjoy being ill! ( Shocked ) Just finding it a struggle getting buckets of water up to the pigs: keep running out of breath!

Back to the point though; I started doing design because I couldn't hack the day job any more and it served me well for some time until I ran out of imagination and realised I'd rather spend the time with my pigs!
gil

Great. May the work keep coming in for you, and more so as the year progresses. Have finally sussed the Clackmannanshire location from 'wee county'.

I had a friend who grew up on Kennet estate - his father was a labourer there - would be long before you were even born, though. If I'm going to Fife / Tayside, I still sometimes take the scenic route to visit where he spent his childhood.
monkey1973

If I'm right the Kennet House is no longer with us. It's a lovely place to stay though and is a sufficient distance from the nearest towns that we feel rural and quiet. Last weekend however the local bypass was closed for the weekend and what a nightmare the traffic was. You don't appreciate how good something is until you don't have it anymore.
monkey1973

gil wrote:
Have finally sussed the Clackmannanshire location from 'wee county'.

It's very surprising how many of the locals don't get it though.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home