Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Shan

First Little Seedling

The first little seedling has popped its head above the vermiculite. Of course it was the Galina Cherry. Sweet little monster. Embarassed Tomatoes are so much easier than children! Laughing
Blue Sky

Blimey you're early. Is it in a poly tunnel? No such fun here ... just snow!
Shan

Heated propagator in the kitchen. I cheat. Laughing
dpack

Laughing
Blue Sky

Proper cheat! Can't fault that.
Shan

Up to 3 seedlings now! Laughing
Blue Sky

So far I have 36 garlic plants (in the snow), a very hefty parsley plant (in the snow) which I grew from seed last winter in Scotland and lots of Rosemary Bay and Thyme (in the snow) Cool
Shan

We have had a hard frost here but no snow. I have Jerusalem artichokes, various rosemary, bay & thyme bushes. Some Thai basil (needs cutting back), Moroccan mint (definitely needs cutting back), a very dead looking bronze dill (hopefully it comes back) and various fruit trees
Blue Sky

Which reminds me, I must cut back the grape vines this year Cool
Shan

I'd love grape vines but don't really have s suitable spot for them here. Are yours for eating or for producing a few alcoholic beverages?
Blue Sky

They are wine grapes but I'll admit I only got round to pressing them one year ... 2004 as I recall. Nowadays they just attract the hornets who get all dizzy and silly and normally end up in the house causing a nuisance.
Shan

Was the wine any good?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home