Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Tavascarow

First signs of spring

Yesterday I took a gawp at my bees as it was a lovely sunny mild day & quite a few where flying.
About half the returning bees had baskets loaded with pollen.
Nice dark rusty orange coloured.
I'm assuming its from the hazel which looked like it was about to start producing pollen a few days ago & apart from a few dandelions there's b' all else in flower.
Nice to see.
Spring is sprunging in Kernow!
Smile
toggle

was utterly bloody freezing here today.
jamanda

Hazel and pussy willow catkins out here. Bluebell and ransom shoots poking through, snowdrops well underway, and the odd crocus about too.
Penny Outskirts

Snowdrops, but not much else here. Although the final lot of last seasons parsnips were starting to shoot again Shocked
Dekk

damned caterpillars, yes, caterpillars on the cabbages Mad
jamanda

I splatted a load of slugs who have taken up residence under some plastic bags yesterday - they're on the move!
judith

Dekk wrote:
damned caterpillars, yes, caterpillars on the cabbages Mad

Caterpillars in February? Shocked
Nell Merionwen

I am in good mood.....first signs of spring Wink
nats

Jamanda wrote:
I splatted a load of slugs who have taken up residence under some plastic bags yesterday - they're on the move!

Slugs?? Shocked SLUGS?? Evil or Very Mad AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggg
chicken feed

Very Happy i collect slugs from under pots and throw to the chickens they just love them. Wink Wink
gil

Snowdrops are starting to flower Very Happy
nats

chicken feed wrote:
Very Happy i collect slugs from under pots and throw to the chickens they just love them. Wink Wink

Not only do I not have chickens, Slugs are about the only thing I can't bring myself to touch and feel physically ill puke if I do so by mistake. Uuuuuugggggghhhh
jamanda

I can't bring my self to do the thing with the scissors. On to the concrete path and a hefty welly stomp seems to do the trick. Or a tennis raquet - better for snails though.
Ginkotree

have been relieved to see the bees flying, have a bit of a spring clean but we are bereft of flowers as yet..ONE celendine yesterday hope for more but it is Freezing....

perhaps we should open a whole new section on slugs and snails... Laughing Feed the chickens...

in london there were slug and snail wars...I knew someone who used to collect all thier visitors and throw them over someone elses fence...not nice really....
maryf

One primrose out - not a wild one though (inherited from previous occupants) Lots of daff, tulip and hyacinth shoots, but I did spot snowdrops and aconites in bloom on a roadside bank about a mile from here.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home