Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
tahir

Fly Fishing article

Brilliant new article by Gus:

http://www.downsizer.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259
Gervase

One of the best intros to fly-fishing I've read - a really good article.
Jonnyboy

Indeed, I've always been attracted to fly fishing but never, ever had a go.
Vic

Like Gervase said - really good article. I've been fishing for a while and it still clarified things for me (especially the whole ASTM thing).

Does it inspire anyone out there to take up flyfishing? It would be great to hear how a novice got on, following Gus' advice. Go on, someone out there must want a new challenge for 2007!
Jonnyboy

I'm going to give it a go. My BIL fly fishes and has offered to take me out sometime.
sean

Brilliant article. We've got fishing rights by virtue of living where we do. I'm very tempted to ask for a lesson as my birthday present.
moules and frites

Brilliant article ,
My son and I would like to try it .
We have access to a private stretch of the Avon , Hants and have thought it would be nice to give it a go . We were thinking of starting with the Argos Fly fishing set ( 074/0463)about 70 .
Perhaps you could have a look and let us know what you think .
Thanks
Gus

Firstly, thank you all for the kind words about the article - I enjoyed writing it!

M&F - It's not the best outfit to buy. I think it's very overpriced, and I had difficulty teaching a lad with a similar outfit recently.

If you spend 70-75 on a rod reel and line alone, you'll get something worthwhile. The rest of the kit won't cost much and shouldn't take you past the 100 mark for your whole outfit. You'll both benefit from the superior quality rod you'll get within that budget.

Don't buy flies - pm me your address, and I'll send you a box to get you started.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home