Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Cathryn

Food Hygiene certificate

It would be handy if I had the Level 2 certificate. I may want to make a sandwich or a cake or something similar in peoples homes? Level 2 not Level 1? Thought you lot would know and might be able to recommend a decent, inexpensive online course? There seems to be quite a selection available.

It might be picked up by twenty or thirty other people so it might be worth getting someone in house?

Does it really require the whole day that my local college is suggesting?

Open questions, I wouldn't want to limit the answers. Wink
Pilsbury

It takes the whole day cos they have to do enough training for everyonecto pass even if they have never heard of food safety.
If you can find someone who will let you loose on the answer sheet you can probably use common sense to do it in 15 mins but people want to get paid for training.
dpack

about £60 in most fe colleges Wink
RichardW

Why do you need a level 2 to make a cake?

Ah just been googling & the current level 2 is the same as the old level one. They have a new level one for retailers selling sealed food stuffs.
misty07

I even needed a food hygiene level 2 reason being I may need it to pick a pallet of chewing gum on a flt
misty07

I even needed a food hygiene level 2 reason being I may need it to pick a pallet of chewing gum on a flt
RichardW

Looking at the guidance that would be a level one as it is sealed.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home