Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Annemieke

Foodie from Cudworth.

Hi, I'm Annemieke (Dutch originally) and have lived in sunny Cudworth for the last 26 years. I say sunny, for it's not quite so wet as many other places. Right now the weather is dull, and chilly.
I came to Britain to join a self-sufficient commune in Wales, and ended up here in Somerset.
I have always called myself a housewife, though we don't have kids around anymore, usually. I've always found plenty of things to occupy my spare time. We used to sell organic veg, but that went by the wayside when the economic tide turned.
Right now a lot of my time goes on Thought for Food, a monthly blog which reminds you what you can sow, what you should eat if you want local seasonal produce, a few simple recipes using this, and some nutrition wisdom all my own. Have a peek if you're interested.
Thanks for accepting me into your little community!
gardening-girl

Hi Anne,waves from over the hill in Ilminster hello2
Our boys were at school together.
cassy

Hi and welcome. Very Happy

I love the many kale recipes on your blog; I usually eat kale raw but I could eat more if I used it in recipes too. Thanks!
Annemieke

Kale

Kale has been the saving of me: I got Macular Degeneration a few years back and the optician said to eat kale, for the lutein. It was winter and we happened to have a garden full, so I did. Kale has vast amounts of vitamins and minerals, much more than other brassicas, and I'm sure it was one of the main reasons why my MD has completely disappeared. We've been growing lots every winter since!
You might also want to look at these two blogs: http://fortheloveofkale.com/ and www.365daysofkale.com/.
Happy eating!
dpack

hello
for a ghastly moment i thought you meant cudworth in s yorks ,im sure somerset's is much nicer Laughing
Annemieke

You know one day years ago a car drew up who were looking for an address. It turned out the address was in the other Cudworth .... Rolling Eyes
dpack

that doesn't surprise me Laughing
Mithril

Hello and welcome Smile
mochyn

Croeso! I love kale. Must eat it more.
AnnaD

Hello there! I love your blog, it's very interesting. It's good to see that you promote butter and kale.
Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias - great blog Very Happy
Treacodactyl

Re: Foodie from Cudworth.

I came to Britain to join a self-sufficient commune in Wales, and ended up here in Somerset.

I find the M4/M5 junction a bit confusing as well.
Nicky Colour it green

welcome Smile
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France - we're having kale with our fish cakes this evening Very Happy
Rusticwood

hello from Devon hello2
Nell Merionwen

Hello from Derbyshire hello2
Finsky

And hello from Nottinghamshire...we may have just come across each other in other forum.. Wink Very Happy
Barefoot Andrew

Laughing

Welcome Annemieke Very Happy
A.
12Bore

Hello, welcome in to DS Very Happy Nick

Ah, bless. You're not from round here, are you?
Treacodactyl

Ah, bless. You're not from round here, are you?

Thankfully, no. I wouldn't mind but a wrong turn and I'd either end up in Wales or Swindon. Shocked
nugger

Cudworth

I lived only a mile from Cudworth South Yorkshire for over 20 years & loved it, the birth place of Michael Parkinson too! Mary-Jane

Croeso from west Wales Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home