Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
cab

Forager for the telly

(from PFAF mailing list, via a friends blog, to here)

Quote:

Could you pass this around to any interested parties?
Thanks,

Viking Film and Television are developing a programme for a major
terrestrial channel based around wild foods . We are looking for wild
food experts, people that have a lot of foraging experience and
practical wild living knowledge in Britain.
Please get in touch with Miriam Cooke or Nigel Horne at 01833 695530
or email miriamcooke@vikingfilmandtv.co.uk.

Miriam Cooke

Viking Film and Television

44 The Bank, Barnard Castle, Co Durham, DL12 8PN

T 01833 695530 MOB 07740428038 E miriamcooke@vikingfilmandtv.co.uk

www.vikingfilmandtv.co.uk
bernie-woman

Remember us when you are famous Wink Laughing
mochyn

I think you'll find there's an obvious man for the job, Cab: look in the mirror...
cab

Have you seen me on telly? Not a pretty sight, I'll tell you Wink
Penny Outskirts

cab wrote:
Have you seen me on telly? Not a pretty sight, I'll tell you Wink

Yes but think how georgeous all the plants etc will look in comparison Laughing (I'm joking - honest!)
cab

Penny wrote:

Yes but think how georgeous all the plants etc will look in comparison Laughing (I'm joking - honest!)

Well, it worked for Bellamy Laughing
sally_in_wales

Go for it Cab! Worst they can do is say no. (well, actually they could say yes, then make you hang around in wet carparks for hours and not pay you, but one would hope this was rather better organised than that Laughing )
Fee

Cool, go for it Cab!

Er, have you seen some people ont telly? We're all sick of picture perfect model-types anyway, get more real people on there Smile

...not that I'm saying ur not model material, I don't think I've ever seen you Wink
jamsam

cab, it dosnt matter what you look like, just watch time team if you dont believe me...id watch it!
tahir

jamsam wrote:
cab, it dosnt matter what you look like, just watch time team if you dont believe me...id watch it!

Listen, I've seen him, it ain't pleasant...
Treacodactyl

tahir wrote:
jamsam wrote:

Listen, I've seen him, it ain't pleasant...

Look who's talking.
mochyn

Don't mushrooms still look like mushrooms on TV then?
Penny Outskirts

mochyn wrote:
Don't mushrooms still look like mushrooms on TV then?
They are not just mushrooms, they're carefully collected, lovingingly identified, rarely seen, Cab foraged mushrooms.......
Nanny

look at it this way

if you don't get it, it doesn't matter

if you do get it, well, ray mears had to start somewhere and so do you

and you could advertise downsizer in a downsizer'ish way

nothing ventured, nothing gained dear boy............
Bernie66

Come on, the face for radio and all that. You don't want to detract from the scenery. Wink Go for it and good luck.
cab

Penny wrote:
They are not just mushrooms, they're carefully collected, lovingingly identified, rarely seen, Cab foraged mushrooms.......

Nooo! I've been M&S'd!
wildfoodie

Quote:
and you could advertise downsizer in a downsizer'ish way

perhaps using a downsizer tshirt for starters!
when my other half worked for Majestic back in the boozy late 80's they occasionally had tv crews in for small news items, who were usually very reluctant to name the company.
On one such tv crew visit he kept taking off and putting his sweatshirt on back to front and back to normal again between film takes, so the Majestic logo (extremely naff in those days as I recall) could be seen whichever way the camera was pointing!
Bernie66

cab wrote:
Penny wrote:

Nooo! I've been M&S'd!

Laughing Laughing
Pilsbury

Cab you have to try!! we would all watch it for a start and after all the help and advice you have posted on downsizer i for one feel the rest of Britian would be missing out ifyou didn't at least try. Razz director2
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home