Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Shane

Foraging in France?

Anybody know where I can find web info or books about foraging in France? Doesn't matter if they're written in French.

Would probably help if I knew what French for "forager" was - knowing the paranoia of the French authorities they've probably decided that it is something along the lines of "person who takes plants from the wild" rather than allow use of the English word and thus erode French culture Wink
sean

Apparently 'forage' comes from the French word 'fourrage'. But I think that means fodder. This is no help at all is it, sorry.
Shane

Not a great deal of help - although I figured it looked like the kind of word that might share a common root!
hardworkinghippy

Shane,

The word you're thinking of might be "ramasser", but you can ramasse anything so in true in French style, it's rammaser des champignons ou ramassage de champignons...pis en lit...ceps...morelles...

I like having a lot of different books to compare photos, but none of mine are exceptional, so other people in here will give you some cracking titles.

This is the page I use most of all, but there are hundreds of other great sites to use for identification and photographs.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ross.fraser/Richard2.htm
Blue Sky

hardworkinghippy wrote:
The word you're thinking of might be "ramasser", but you can ramasse anything so in true in French style, it's rammaser des champignons ou ramassage de champignons...pis en lit...ceps...morelles...

Beg pardon ... Shocked

I'll have you know that I happen to be a 'ramasser' now. ramassage de l'ecole to be precise.

Anyhow, I found this thread by accident whilst looking for HWH to PM you so I'm gone.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home