Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Mrs Baggins

Forest foraging Experts needed! Please apply within!

Hi everyone,

I am a member of Small Woodland Owners Group (SWOG) and at our meet today we were saying how much we would like to do a forest foraging walk.

Is there anybody out there who would be interested in being our foraging guru? Is anyone insured to tell us what we can eat and what we can't? We would be more thanhappy to chip in for traveling expenses and cook you a lavish lunch!

If anyone is interested or knows someone who can help - please PM me.

TIA.
bubble

.Right you can have somebody try to bring you on about different plants and their uses ,there is no insurance though ,in case anyone gets poisoned ,because of the obvious human fallability reasons.You can get normal insurance though for injuries, your cars getting broken into etc . but not for getting the ID wrong.I belong to a mushroom foray group which is a member of the ABFG [assoc. of brit. fungal groups] and their ins. cover does not include poisoning from mushrooms, and if you thionk about it ,it does makes sense!!"!! Very Happy
Mrs Baggins

Thx Bubble I didn't know that! We all have our own woodlands and would love to know how to forage in them. So much lovely food out there to be had! We have had a pop ourselves wth a couple of different types of mushrooms which were FANTASTIC! Could we contact your group to look for a mushroom mentor??
bubble

Hi Mrs Baggins ,did you receive the pm I'd sent you a few days ago? Very Happy
cab

West Kent, eh? Whereabouts is the nearest train station, how far away is it from the woods?
Truffle

Sounds good fun, also sounds like you'll have a number of foragers there!
How many people are in the group? I sometimes give foraging and truffle talks, could be interesting...
Mrs Baggins

Hi everyone thx for your replies! Very Happy I have chatted with the lady who runs the group and she only wants to go ahead with a professional bush craft person / professional foragers so I have fwrd'd her Fergus Drennan's details.

Meantime, I have arranged a date with someone who lives not far from me and who has very kindly offered to come on a foraging walk with us sometime next week! We are really excited about it and hopefully it will open up a whole new world of food on our doorstep! Can't wait!

Bubble - No I never got your PM! Can you try sending it again please?

Cab - The forest is at the end of my garden. Wink It is sacrilegious to have it there and not know how to forage in it!

Truffle - I believe the group is quite big but at the last meet there were about a dozen ppl including the organisers, the four of us and the guest speaker taking the walk.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home