Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Bodger

Four species of butterfly

In our garden this morning and alls right with the world.

Here's the only one that I could capture on camera, its a Speckled Wood Butterfly.

There have been around six specimens taking advantage of the sun. I'll try to get the other species as the day goes on. thumbup
Silas

Swat 'em first, they keep still then and are much easier to photograph.
yummersetter

that looks like the same one as I photographed yesterday, thanks, now I don't have to look it up. Didn't it do well, flying all the way up to you in twelve hours! Wink
lottie

Saw my first cabbage white a couple of weeks ago Neutral ---nice to see the others about now though.
Bodger

Silas wrote:
Swat 'em first, they keep still then and are much easier to photograph.

I've tried that Silas me old mate but the colours tend to run. Wink
Tavascarow

Saw my first orange tips for the year earlier today.
A few brimstones flying around a few weeks ago & the ubiquitous tortoiseshells, peacocks, admirals & commas when the weather was warmer a couple of weeks ago.
Helen_A

Nice.

And woohoo because that is what I saw here and had to rescue from the house - I've been racking my brains trying to remember what it was Embarassed

Quick Q (I'll go google, but asking here is more effective, lol) anyone know if they are a hibinator or not?
Bodger

I think a percentage of all our butterflys hibernate. I might be wrong but I don't think the caterpillars do. They may over winter in chrysalis form of course, but I'm not sure.
resistance is fertile

We have a pearl bordered Frit here which I will try and snap when I see it Smile
Nicky cigreen

we've had speckeled woods, orange tips and cabbage whites (grr), and some tatty old looking peacocks and red admirals, both of which must have been tucked up for winter.
SandraR

A couple of weekends ago I saw the first of the holly blue. Always lovely to see.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home