Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
shaunb

FREE TREES

Hello All,

trees for hedging are available via the Tree Council so long as you stick an Oak or an Ash every 30yds or so.
We need to restock our hedgerow trees, within a generation, they'll be gone...

I'm distributing between 30,000 and 60,000 trees in Shropshire alone, grab them now, they're available.

shaun
jamanda

Would there be people distributing them in other areas too?
Treacodactyl

Useful to know, I've a few hundred yards of space to put some new hedge in. Not sure if I'll have time this winter, do you think the offer will run next winter as well?

On a different note, I've got a few acres of young woodland where the previous owner planted up some fields. I'm wondering if I should do anything to keep the old hedges or whether I should just let nature take it's course and leave the woodland species to out-compete the hedge species? Any ideas? I do aim to plant more lengths of hedges than will be lost, hopefully transplanting some of the seedlings from around the existing hedge.
RichardW

We are wanting about 200+m worth (so about 1000+ trees). Is this offer available in Gwynedd?
gz

Used to be via the Gwynedd Council, is the tree nursery still going at Glynllifon?
RichardW

gz wrote:
Used to be via the Gwynedd Council, is the tree nursery still going at Glynllifon?

Yes. But its not free. But they are good prices.
bernie-woman

Shropshire County Council are involved in this - details here
Green Rosie

NW Kent Countryside Partnership are offering free trees - Link

(I ran the scheme many years ago when I worked for the Partnership Cool )
jamanda

bernie-woman wrote:

That's who Shaun works for.
bernie-woman

Jamanda wrote:
bernie-woman wrote:

That's who Shaun works for.

Does he??? - I may well know him to look at so to speak, as I was talking face to face about this very matter with a lovely man from SCC on Tuesday afternoon - was it you Shaun (I arrived late after names had been exchanged) Very Happy
jamanda

Was he a scouser with a beard?
bernie-woman

Jamanda wrote:
Was he a scouser with a beard?

No - it wasn't him - just been on the phone from some of the people at Severn Valley Country Park and they say it wasn't him and he definitely did not have a beard - looks like we could possibly know a few of the same people though Very Happy
shaunb

Hello All,

the trees are available nationally via your local Tree Warden coordinator or direct from the Tree Council,

The Tree Council is based at:
71 Newcomen Street
London
SE1 1YT

Tel: 020 7407 9992
Fax: 020 7407 9908

Email: info@treecouncil.org.uk

cheers

shaun
shaunb

Try this link...

http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/countryside.nsf/open/45546C96414FD7778025763300559955

cheers

shuan
chez

Thank you, Shaun, I will make some enquiries down here.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home