Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
dpack

freezer seal questions

my upright freezer door seal has died and lets in air causing frosting.

apparently the seal is moulded into the door structure and cannot be replaced with a factory spare

a new door is 140

i bought the freezer second hand ages ago for 80

q1 can i add a new seal and if so what sort?

q2 can i repair the old seal,if so how?

q3 should i just get a "new"second hand one?

ps the seal seems to be a "tube"that was inflated but now it has a puncture i was wondering if i could inject it with something to re inflate or fill it
sean

If the freezer was second-hand ages ago then I reckon a new(er) one would probably pay for itself in increased efficiency fairly quickly.

If you offer the old one one here then hairyloon will probably take it off your hands for a project so you won't even have to pay for disposal. Wink
Falstaff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xfridge+door+seal.TRS0&_nkw=fridge+door+seal&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=fridge+door+seal&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xwashing+machine+glue.TRS0&_nkw=washing+machine+glue&_sacat=0

If the leak is not too bad you may be able to patch it or insert a bit of neoprene.
Nick

Have a look at espares.co.uk . They may have the model specific replacement. If not, they have universal ones.

However, I'm probably with Sean.
Treacodactyl

Trim off the excess fat, cut into joints and freeze like lamb. Deep fry the flippers as a chef's perk.
Nick

I blew a seal once.
sean

Trim off the excess fat, cut into joints and freeze like lamb. Deep fry the flippers as a chef's perk.

I was slightly surprised that that wasn't what the thread was about tbh.
Hairyloon

If you offer the old one one here then hairyloon will probably take it off your hands for a project so you won't even have to pay for disposal. Wink

Am all right for fridges at the moment thank you. I need to devise a way of dealing with the refrigerant before I gather any more...
dpack

I blew a seal once.

is there not much quality entertainment in Aberdeen
dpack

Laughing they taste horrible Wink
dpack

thanks folks ,i will look into repair as the make it cold bit seem to work fine Ty Gwyn

I thought one of mine needed a door seal,it was the door that was warped and i could`nt see any adjustments. vegplot

I blew a seal once.

You'd try anything once.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home