Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Chickem

Freezing pork pie...

I am going to make Pricey's legendary pork pies
I want to make smaller ones and freeze some.
Has anyone frozen pork pies and is the final result better if the pies are raw or cooked!
Answers on a post card please Wink
Cathryn

I could do with knowing this as well. I have never made one and had it as a part of a meal. It vanishes even before it has time to cool and the jelly to set.
Chickem

This is why I want to make smaller ones as a large one would be soon gone and as one who is trying to loose weight (2 1/2 st since June! Cool ) I really dont need it hanging around looking yummy!
Jamanda

Par-baked? So with structural integrity but able to take a bit more cooking so it tastes freshly baked?
wellington womble

I freeze them every year for my stepfather a chrustmas present. No complaints so far. I freeze it freshly cooked and they fly back to France with it defrosting in hand luggage.
sean

I don't think that Chickem can afford to fly to France every time she fancies eating a bit of pork pie.
Chickem

I don't think that Chickem can afford to fly to France every time she fancies eating a bit of pork pie.

you're right there!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
wellington womble

Pah, Sleazy-jet and Fly-maybe do flights for less than the cost of the pie these days.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home