Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Rob R

Frugal shopping

We've no doubt all done it - stood in a newsagents thumbing through a magazine, deciding whether it it worth the time and money to sit and read it. Well one chap was being ticked off by the manager of WH Smith yesterday after picking it up off the shelf, taking it into Costa Coffee and sitting down to read it before paying. He then finished his coffee, took the magazine back and placed it on the shelf again. The manager sounded rather put out, as it was one of those magazines with a plastic cover on! Shocked
Mithril

Oh, that is cheeky!

I admit to standing in shops skim reading a cover story or two before deciding if a mag. is worth buying. Confused
12Bore

Cheeky b*gger, probably test drives cars when he has to do a "big shop". Rolling Eyes
Rob R

Cheeky b*gger, probably test drives cars when he has to do a "big shop". Rolling Eyes

I felt like giving him a slap - the manager was very calm & reserved, I thought.
oldish chris

I justify the cost of broadband by pointing out that I no longer need to buy a newspaper.
Rob R

I justify the cost of broadband by pointing out that I no longer need to buy a newspaper.

That's the nice thing about not having internet at home, and some of the best bits are in small columns that aren't published online. At up to 5 for a magazine I tend to stick to newspapers for a cheap read.
troyannick

same subject different story we used to have scooters so would hang about the petrol station where a friend worked and when a car filled up you could actually get the petrol that was left in the pipe between the pump and the nozzle, and thats how we filled up, frugal
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home