Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
doctoral

Ganoderma Lucidum

A few pictures of a Ganoderma Lucidum from Provence, S. France that I originally posted on Rogers site Evil or Very Mad I now feel that I may have missed some interested mycologists.

Hearsay is that this type of fungus has anti-cancerous medicinal properties - the sites are easy to find on the Internet, just post the name of the fungus on any search engine for more details.

cab

Nice sample there. What did you do with it?
doctoral

I kept it for posterity - maybe I will leave it to one of my kids Wink
kyoto

Could have medicinal properties... Pretty sure I saw a few of these being sold in the oriental herbal shop down in Wimbledon
doctoral

kyoto wrote:
Could have medicinal properties... Pretty sure I saw a few of these being sold in the oriental herbal shop down in Wimbledon

I am sure this is sold on the 'market'. I have seen it too - it may be sent to China from this country by certain sections of the populace, as are rhino tusks from Africa.

No slur intended, just watch the practices of those intent on decimation of the environment regardless of the cost. Sad
cab

Oh, people are farming this one now aren't they? Loads of it about 'cos of that. Under the name of 'reishi' you can buy it in various forms.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home