Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Nick

Gf pastry

societal pressure means I'm cooking for A Coeliac. Apparently this level of pickiness means gluten free pastry.

Anyone got a foolproof recipe please?

Am about to shop so speedy reply very welcome.

Unlike fussy eaters.
sean

http://forum.downsizer.net/index.php?component=catalogdisplay&show_post=1307351&Cuisine=&Course=&Special1=Gluten-free&search_text=pastry
sean

http://forum.downsizer.net/index.php?component=catalogdisplay&show_post=1371408&Cuisine=&Course=&Special1=Gluten-free&search_text=pastry
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Re: Gf pastry

societal pressure means I'm cooking for A Coeliac. Apparently this level of pickiness means gluten free pastry.

Anyone got a foolproof recipe please?

Am about to shop so speedy reply very welcome.

Unlike fussy eaters.

If you're buying e.g. Dove's Farm GF flour, check the back of the bag in case they have recipes. I think it was cake last time I looked though.

Also not sure if you're kidding or not; but calling a coeliac person "picky" is like grumbling about someone with a peanut allergy not wanting the satay. You'll also need to beware cross contamination on work surfaces and utensils.
Nick

Feh. It's evolution in action.

Peanuts. They're not even nuts.
gardening-girl

Buy ready made in Sainsburys.I have A coeliac,he says its ok.
Nick

Thanks.

I looked, but they had none. So, I resolved to make some. And then I got a text from the hostess, saying the fussy eater wasn't coming anyway. But if she was, there's plenty of other stuff, so I needn't worry.

So, I shall just be making individual tartiflette pies with normal pastry, it transpires.

But thank you. Smile

I know Coeliacitis is a genuine issue, honestly. Wink
mousjoos

For many years I had an Al Coholic at the house...sadly, gf pastry changes nothing under those circumstances
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home