Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Nell Merionwen

Glasto

Anyone watching?
Seasick Steve on beeb4. Apparantly dozy Rascal on Beeb3.
chez

I am extremely grumpy about the whole thing. The roads are a nightmare and the Strawberry Man didn't make it to the market this morning because of gridlock.

*dons Old Person Hat and sits back down*
gardening-girl

Bastille are good,As are Dr Green.Jake ?? was nice.
I don`t like Dizzy Rascal,but the dogs are riveted.
Looking foward to Stornaway.
chez

Pah. You're just a Young Person. Rolling Eyes
sean

For those of you on Twitter there's a moderately amusing meltdown from Wiley @WileyUpdates. He doesn't appear to be at all happy to be playing there.
Rob R

They take all the cows off the farm for the duration, I fail to see the appeal.
chez

Well quite. It's just wrong.
Nick

You should have grown up near it. Then you'd know.
alison

You should have grown up near it. Then you'd know.

I did for 2 years. Absolute nightmare.
jamanda

Everyone should go once. Even Nick! (Remember Sinead O'Connor & the helicopter?)
Nick

Everyone should go once. Even Nick! (Remember Sinead O'Connor & the helicopter?)

I spent five years living on the doorstep and loved it. I've been and loved it. And the helicopter came during The Cure.

I'd go again tomorrow.
gardening-girl

Actually,the cows are still on the farm,in a different area.Son`s friend is still milking.

Another friend has reported that Sinead O Connor on the acoustic stage last night,was the best set he had seen.
Rob R

Actually,the cows are still on the farm,in a different area.Son`s friend is still milking.

Another friend has reported that Sinead O Connor on the acoustic stage last night,was the best set he had seen.

The owner lied on national radio - they said they use about 20 different farms while it's on.
LynneA

Shame how little airtime has been given to The Strypes. They could show the Stones what they used to be able to do (granted, not quite as well as the Pretties or Q65).

What I saw on TV of Elvis was good - does anyone know if he did Tramp The Dirt Down?
Nick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9/acts/ar9nc8#p01c37lp

Enough?
Lorrainelovesplants

Whilst flicking through channels had the misfortune to watch the Stones for 5 mins - mainly to call husband and guffaw at 3 geriatrics looking as if they need to stop what they are doing, and Mick Jagger, who frankly looked and acted as if he was on something.

dear, dear, dear.....
jamanda

I saw the Stones at Wembly 20 odd years ago and they were past it then! Plenty of other stuff to watch though. We saw a bit of Jake Bugg and Rita Ora last night. They were good. sean

Can't knock the set list though:
Rolling Stones set list

* Jumpin' Jack Flash
* It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
* Paint It Black
* Gimme Shelter
* Glastonbury Girl
* Wild Horses
* Doom and Gloom
* Can't You Hear Me Knocking
* Honky Tonk Women
* You Got the Silver
* Happy
* Miss You
* Midnight Rambler
* 2,000 Light Years from Home
* Sympathy for the Devil
* Start Me Up
* Tumbling Dice
* Brown Sugar

Encore

* You Can't Always Get What You Want
* (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
MornieG

No act is worth the discomfort of sleeping on the floor in a tiny tent miles from the stages, being swamped in mud, ok not this year yet, no proper washing facilities or toilets you would want to use unless desperate, with a good chance of getting everything you own nicked.............................................on the other hand I might be persuaded to try this http://www.thepopuphotel.com/suite .........and it has room service woohoo !!!!!

Mo.XX
Gervase

Caught the second half of the Stones set and thought they sounded bloody awful - I've heard tribute bands play better! There must have been something in their Ovaltine, though, because when they came back for the encore everything moved up a couple of gears and they were actually reasonably good.
Jagger is weird, though - the velociraptor of rock.
Nick

MornieG

Eeeeeekkkkkk !!!!!

Mo.XX
Nick

No act is worth the discomfort of sleeping on the floor in a tiny tent miles from the stages, being swamped in mud, ok not this year yet, no proper washing facilities or toilets you would want to use unless desperate, with a good chance of getting everything you own nicked.............................................on the other hand I might be persuaded to try this http://www.thepopuphotel.com/suite .........and it has room service woohoo !!!!!

Mo.XX

Feh, hundreds of acts are worth that.

As for getting everything nicked, don't leave it in your tent if it's valuable. 120,000 people, around 100 tents had stuff nicked from.

Get out and live a little. Wink
MornieG

Mo.XX

Feh, hundreds of acts are worth that.

As for getting everything nicked, don't leave it in your tent if it's valuable. 120,000 people, around 100 tents had stuff nicked from.

Get out and live a little. Wink

I'm living more now than I have done for the last 35 years Wink but roughing it at Glasto has never been on my radar. Each to their own and all that. Very Happy

Mo.XX
jamanda

Just watched the Stones set. I enjoyed it. Damn good songs and the audience appeared to having a great time.

I think there's got to be a case for a study into the effect of heroin use on hair retention!
robkb

Just watched the Stones set. I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you said that, I thought they were pretty damn good.

It was quite funny to put Primal Scream on before them...
robkb

BTW, did anyone see Chic? Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy sean

Not yet. I'll prolly watch it on iplayer though. robkb

Definitely worth making time for - I can't believe Nile Rogers has written so many great songs. gythagirl

Killjoys, most of you! - OH & I got back from Glasto-land this morning after Stewarding there, Stones were AWESOME (and I've NEVER been a fan) and if you're in a crowd of 100,000, even relatively close to the front, you can't the wrinkles because Rubberlips & co are teeny-tiny Laughing gardening-girl

BTW, did anyone see Chic? Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy

We did!

Youngest has just popped in on his way home,he is as brown as a berry,with filthy feet.
He said the stones were awesome.
One of the best Glastonburys ever.
robkb

OH & I got back from Glasto-land this morning after Stewarding there

Where's the 'deeply envious' smiley when you need it?
gythagirl

I know, it's our second time, we're very lucky! Have just seen the disappointing BBC coverage of the Stones - didn't/couldn't even show the amazing opening with Jumping Jack Flash. Nick

Jagger wouldn't let the BBC show much of it. robkb

Jagger wouldn't let the BBC show much of it.

He's probably keeping the DVD rights for himself, he needs the money you know.

Watched Nick Cave last night - **** me he was good!
Barefoot Andrew

The Monkeys and the Stones were both good gigs. Dipped in and out of other stuff; some proper listening will happen over the coming days via iPlayer. Glasto on monitor no 2 Very Happy

We were talking over the weekend about the possibility of going to the next (assuming we managed to get tickets of course Confused). I've been to 20 odd festivals and the enormous scale/enormous crowds of Glasto don't really appeal to me. However, Nell wants to go, the kids would probably love it, and I would rather like to see all the fringe / alternative / weird stuff that goes on.

A.
robkb

My wife surprised me by saying she'd like to go, and both my kids would too. The biggest problem would be agreeing which bands to see. Behemoth

On the radio he came across like a pub drunk, which was dispappointing.
robkb

On the radio he came across like a pub drunk, which was dispappointing.

Maybe he needs to be seen - the iPlayer set is gobsmacking imho.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home