Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Bugs

Gloves

When we moved in to this house we picked up a pair of cheapish gloves from Homebase, allegedly thornproof.

For once, they did do exactly what they said on the tin Very Happy but eventually I wore them out and now have no bramble/rose proof gloves. I find the leather ones usually available a bit too clumsy - these ones were layers of felt and sponge.

So this is possibly a make your own post but related to grow your own if it is, because I'd like to know if anyone can tell me where I can get some decent gloves, that aren't too clumsy. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount if they'll last but I object to paying £15 to find out Shocked
Kirstie

Bugs we got some from Lidl very cheap and I thought they couldn't possibly work, they are like gauntlets, and we have managed to go through the whole bramble patch and clear it for the vegetable garden, also have removed old roses and hawthorn and have not one scratch to show for it. I think they were about £2.99
Alchemist

Bugs.

You might try Arco. They're industrial H&S suppliers and they have all sorts. http://www.arco.co.uk
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home