Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
JB

Glyphosate (roundu) storage

Does roundup have an expiration date? Does it go off? The containers indicate nothing about storage conditions or use by dates but as it breaks down in contact with the soil I would expect it to be prone to breaking down while in storage.

I found some in the shed. The bottle label was rather faded suggesting it had been there a while and it appears to not work.
gz

It supposedly breaks down to harmless, BUT latest research that it may not do so.
Sorry no quote, I'm sure someone else will know.....
Tavascarow

I stopped believing anything Monsanto says about five years ago.
As it's cropping up in groundwater samples everywhere & even being detected in rainwater samples I'd say it's pretty stable.
dpack

the WHO seem to think it rather nasty and a possible human carcinogen

reports of it breaking down to harmless residues may be inaccurate as it can be found in aquifers,rainwater and foodstuffs

monsanto seem to think it super safe and wonderful

one or the other might be wrong ,now apply cui bono.......
Falstaff

Re: Glyphosate (roundu) storage

Does roundup have an expiration date? Does it go off? The containers indicate nothing about storage conditions or use by dates but as it breaks down in contact with the soil I would expect it to be prone to breaking down while in storage.

I found some in the shed. The bottle label was rather faded suggesting it had been there a while and it appears to not work.

Not a lot of use if it seems not to work really is it ?

I'd buy fresh ! Smile
JB

Re: Glyphosate (roundu) storage

Not a lot of use if it seems not to work really is it ?

I'd buy fresh ! Smile

Already organised, but in the absence of a useby date I'd like to know what causes it do degrade, is it temperature, frost, heat, sunlight, UV ...
RichardW

I have some that is over 8 years old & possibly nearer 11.
Not stored as well as it should have been.
It still works fine.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home