Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
dpack

good home needed for a long legged lady

Hi everyone

Team Pointy Dog are all feeling a bit upset at the moment.

You will remember the email I sent last week with the great news that Hugo, the black greyhound who has been on the walks a couple of times, has a new home. Fantastic news for Hugo, but it seems not so great for his kennel mate, another black greyhound called Grace.

Jane has had the following message from Marie, the lady at York RSPCA who cares for the greyhounds there:

"Hi Jane, just wondering if you anyone who could foster a female greyhound but she can't go with small children. She is traumatised and just sits and shakes in her bed. She was teamed up with Hugo but now he has gone she is back to square one. Just wondered if you knew of anyone as I don't suppose you fit another little girl in temporarily until she gains some confidence".

Jane and David are stars and have stepped in and agreed to foster her, subject to Marvellous Marvin and the gang accepting her, but really since they have four dogs already, this isn't a long term solution and in an ideal world, she would move straight to a forever sofa without needing the upheaval of another move and more new routines to get used to.

Sometimes an email or request just comes at the right time, I really hope this is the right time for one of you and for Grace Smile I have unashamedly included the email addresses of people who I know might not be interested, just in case.....

Tina and team Pointy Dog who are holding their breaths just hoping....

xx

i just got this email and im not in a position to take her cos

she is a girl and ki would not like it
and
chomps is settling in at the mo
and
we have not got the room for another

but if anyone would be able to adopt her let me know asap,in case you are not familiar with big racers they are really nice and a lot less bother than most folk think
Cathryn

Our dogs spend part of the day in the back of the pickup, on the back of the bikes or off the bikes and chasing around through any empty field, playing on the beach with us, walking over the farm with me. At night they roam completely free. They stay within the farm boundaries, although they do trespass onto the beach in front of the house. (You never know what tasty things have been washed up.) They sleep on a variety of crates and blankets. They are not allowed into the house, none of them wear collars and only one of them has ever been on a lead. They walk to heel when asked (repeatedly depending on the dog). They share their lives with sheep, lambs, guinea fowl and hens who are quite safe from them (although the youngest thinks it is great fun to run through the middle of the flock of guinea fowl). All are microchipped.

No matter which way I look at it I am going to have to get over wanting a sight hound. Sad
dpack

a pointy might change the dynamics of that pack and not in a good way

an older pointy who wanted to be a sofahound might fill the gap Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home