Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
sally_in_wales

Goodbye Hagl

A few of you met our cantankerous, neurotic and much loved cat Hagl. he was never a brave or strong cat, but he did invent the Plague Rat and had an Important Job as cat-in-charge and quality control, sniffing each batch of cat intoxicants to make sure they were up to snuff, as well as supervising the knitting and tasting anything edible looking.

He'd spent most of today happily snoozing on my lap whilst I knitted, I got up to deal with some post, heard him cry out, and got back to find him having a siezure. He died a few minutes later in our arms.

I'm glad he went fast, I'd never wanted him to have a drawn out and uncomfortable old age, but he'll be missed so much.

He'll be buried in the garden on a pile of Plague Rats tomorrow
Sad

Midland Spinner

Re: Goodbye Hagl

He'll be buried in the garden on a pile of Plague Rats tomorrow
Sad

Quite right.

Sorry to hear your news Sally, but at least he was spared the last journey to the hated Vet place.
Nell Merionwen

Oh Sally, what can i say? I'm so very very sorry, he was a wonderful puss and loved by everyone who ever got to spend five minutes in his company. X x x
sally_in_wales

only cat I ever met who was scared of boxes Laughing Sad
Mary-Jane

Awww...I am sorry Sally. He was a lovely chap. Neutral
Nicky cigreen

sorry to hear this but glad to hear it was swift, and that he had a nice afternoon beforehand.
mousjoos

Very sorry to hear about Hagl...I found my cat Eric under the van on Friday thinking he'd had enough of the Sun..turned out he'd been hit by a car & though not squashed, was badly injured & hadn't survived
He was a tabby like Hagl & just as handsome, & only a year old

Not been a good weekend
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Sorry to hear of both cats leaving us this weekend Sad
Midland Spinner

Very sorry to hear about Hagl...I found my cat Eric under the van on Friday thinking he'd had enough of the Sun..turned out he'd been hit by a car & though not squashed, was badly injured & hadn't survived
He was a tabby like Hagl & just as handsome, & only a year old

Not been a good weekend

Sorry to hear this.
mochyn

So sad for all who have lost lovely cats. I knew Hagl and had a wonderful long weekend with him only two months ago. I was thinking of him only this afternoon. Chickem

Sad Hugs x AnnaD

Sad news Sad snowball

So sorry. Glad it was quick for him, and you both. x Spruengli

Sorry to hear this. Remember the happy times and that he went quickly and in his own home with his family

Sad
wellington womble

Will you be advertising for a supervisor soon?

Poor Hagl - all ends are sad, but as you say - no vets, no long demise and happy last days. The best you could give him.
12Bore

Crying or Very sad Katieowl

Sad Sorry Sally. It's hard to loose a furbaby...

Kate
Green Rosie

Rest in peace Hagl ... and enjoy those plague rats. You were a wonderfully handsome cat who will have left many happy memories, not least your very sensible caution around boxes. I mean after all they could have contained ANYTHING!

Take care Sally x
alison

Sally and Gareth. Sorry for your loss. They leave a big gap. xx marigold

Sad Barefoot Andrew

Sorry to hear this news Sally and mousjoos Sad
A.
gil

So sorry to hear about Hagl, Sally.
What a handsome chap he was.
I'm glad he spent that afternoon with you, and that the end was quick.

And moosjoos too, sorry about your Eric.

Crying or Very sad
Andrea

Sorry Sally x powerjen

So sorry to hear of the passing of Hagl and Eric. Sleep well furry moggies. x
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home