Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
tahir

Gooseberries

In season now, cheap and versatile. We made gooseberry and elderflower sorbet at the weekend just the ticket for weather like this, gooseberry and strawberry jam tomorrow
mochyn

Yum.
Went

Gooseberry and mustard seed pickle with a bit of heat here this week if the gooseberries are ready. I doubt they're far off.
welsh veg grower

Gooseberry and mustard seed pickle with a bit of heat here this week if the gooseberries are ready. I doubt they're far off.

that sounds goooood
Bebo

Recipe?
Went

I'll fish it out this week and post it. This recipe is why we grow gooseberry. Very Happy Green Rosie

Mine aren't ripe yet and I am usually topping and tailing them in fron of Wimbledon. Bebo

I'll fish it out this week and post it. This recipe is why we grow gooseberry. Very Happy

Thank you, I shall look forward to it. Is it nice and sharp? Not that keen on sweet pickles and chutneys.
Lloyd

Nothing like a gooseberry fool. Wink Went

I'll fish it out this week and post it. This recipe is why we grow gooseberry. Very Happy

Thank you, I shall look forward to it. Is it nice and sharp? Not that keen on sweet pickles and chutneys.

Yes, not a sweet pickle, very savoury with good heat.
gardening-girl

I have gooseberries waiting! Ty Gwyn

Don`t anyone make Good Old Gooseberry Tart anymore,with that nice fattening pastry. mochyn

Again: Yum. I do a one-crust pie with the pastry just sort of bundled up around the fruit. Mithril

I've only got a handful this year Sad We usually make gooseberry fool.

The pickle does sound good.
12Bore

Don`t anyone make Good Old Gooseberry Tart anymore,with that nice fattening pastry.
Yes!
gardening-girl

I found the recipe on your blog.
Just bottled my first batch,it smells yum. Very Happy Very Happy
Went

I found the recipe on your blog.
Just bottled my first batch,it smells yum. Very Happy Very Happy

Here it is, I'd forgotten it was on there. Thanks for the reminder.

Gooseberry and Mustard Seed Pickle
Bebo

Cheers. I'll have a bash at that over the weekend. Been dealing with the strawberry glut today. dpack

for fruit leather very ripe ones and a sieve are good

ace as a stuffing for fish and fowl

good in combination fruit wines or as a single fruit for dry white and champagne style

and the bushes are a great security barrier if close planted
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home