Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Nick

Great O2 app

I've spent about half an hour setting up TU go on my phone.

It's on O2 for business or pay monthly customers, and is free.

I have no mobile signal at home, and this allows me to use my PC, another phone, or my iPad to answer or make calls, deal with texts or pick up voicemails, over a wifi connection.

It seems pretty seamless, and will also allow you to make calls when abroad at UK rates, not Forn ones, if you connect by wifi.

I've seen similar, but this is the first I've used, and it's great.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
Barefoot Andrew

Blackberry phones used to do that out of the box Wink

I'm unclear how the HTC M8 handles calls and texts in the absence of a GSM signal. Must find out Very Happy

A.
wellington womble

I cannot understand why phones don't just do that. Your mobile should work as a mobile, and a DECT (or whatever they are now) when in range of your home base station. Surely it can't be do difficult?

I'll have a look at the though for something for whatever I am. Tesco, I think
dpack

i spose that would be handy for folk on trains as most have wifi but they also have tunnels ,cuttings etc
12Bore

There's a similar app on Three.
Nick

Blackberry phones used to do that out of the box Wink

I'm unclear how the HTC M8 handles calls and texts in the absence of a GSM signal. Must find out Very Happy

A.

This is software, not hardware. Doesn't matter what fruit your handset is, your network needs to support it, and you need the software on the PC to be able to talk to them.
Cathryn

My daughter has been doing this for awhile. Her and her friends are never apart. Smile

I should do it but I've more or less trained everyone that I have no mobile signal at home.

Remember when you had to fight for phone time.
earthyvirgo

I can understand why business people might need something like that but I still don't get why so many people appear to feel the need to be attached to their phones 24hrs.

More and more people seem to be on their mobiles talking to him/her at home while they do their shopping. Drives me insane.

Make a blinkin' shopping list!

EV
Nick

The biggest advantage it gives me is my phone can now work at home.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home