Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
chicken feed

Great Yorkshire show

Any DS'ers going ? come find us in the pig lines and say hello.

no smilies
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I'll be there Wednesday :) Do we have some kind of secret handshake? :lol:no smilies
Rob R

A secret hamshake?no smilies
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I'm not wandering around all day with a lump of pig in my hands :lol:no smilies
OtleyLad

I was thinking of going to this but 22 is a bit steep - anyone know how to get a discount?no smilies
Rob R

Yes, go at about 4pm, you'll probably get in for freeno smilies
Nick

Take a school party.no smilies
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I was thinking of going to this but 22 is a bit steep - anyone know how to get a discount?

Might be a bit late, but try finding a charity that's going and offering to help put up the stall, hand out leaflets, something?no smilies
chicken feed

I was thinking of going to this but 22 is a bit steep - anyone know how to get a discount?

advanced tickets usually cut the price.
membership only works if visiting all three days.
we get passes but it costs a small fortune to enter the animals.no smilies
OtleyLad

Might be a bit late, but try finding a charity that's going and offering to help put up the stall, hand out leaflets, something?

I just realised, now I'm 60 I qualify for a 1 discount - lucky me :roll:no smilies
NorthernMonkeyGirl

You might be able to buy half a burger with that ;)no smilies OtleyLad

You might be able to buy half a burger with that ;)

Sadly, more like a quarter of one. Maybe I should treat myself to a ticket anyway (I'm always thinking I should buy some firewood or LED bulbs instead of enjoying myself).no smilies
AnneL

Not sure about this year as I haven't checked but you could buy discounted tickets last year and the year before at Morrisons supermarkets.
Anneno smilies
gregotyn

So who won the 'pig of the year' competition-chicken feed? Northern Monkey Girl- a pound would buy about 20% of a burger at a show-'fraid I take sandwiches, half of me is Yorkshire-the better half! I help at the pigs in the Royal Welsh show and the Royal Welsh garden and small holder show, so I get a ticket, but they are almost pricing themselves out of the market for many folks.no smilies chicken feed

So who won the 'pig of the year' competition-chicken feed? Northern Monkey Girl- a pound would buy about 20% of a burger at a show-'fraid I take sandwiches, half of me is Yorkshire-the better half! I help at the pigs in the Royal Welsh show and the Royal Welsh garden and small holder show, so I get a ticket, but they are almost pricing themselves out of the market for many folks.

will let you know the winner of POY after its taken place !! its not until wednesday.no smilies
gregotyn

Thankyou!no smilies NorthernMonkeyGirl

I'll be wearing a green dress, mucky boots, and a hare necklace, if I bump into anyone tomorrow :lol:no smilies gregotyn

Northern Monkey Girl you will find chicken feed without any bumping; she will be with her pigs, and you can introduce yourself!no smilies Bodger

A quick check of the results reveal that CF's pigs have won every Lop class at the show. A clean sweep! :Dno smilies NorthernMonkeyGirl

I didn't see anyone with the Goosetree pigs else I'd have said hello, but I did see the shiny red First Prize board thingy :D Well done you!no smilies gregotyn

Sorry Northern Monkey Girl, I was covinced chicken feed would be around at some stageno smilies chicken feed

Sorry Northern Monkey Girl, I was covinced chicken feed would be around at some stage

never far away from gamin the pig wash rest of the day found in the pig lines, pig rings or the pig bar !! i admit I'm a bit on the short side so hard to spot in a crowd !!no smilies
gregotyn

Who won 'Pig of the year' please? I may have to invest in an FW if no one knowsno smilies chicken feed

Who won 'Pig of the year' please? I may have to invest in an FW if no one knows

a duroc from the loveless familyno smilies
gregotyn

Thankyou, chicken feed. I know that family from Dorset, Steve was the man,-friend of a chap whose herd I looked after in Somerset, when the family went to Spain for 3 weeks and I became a pigman again, (after 25 years away from farming), looking after a small 80ac, farm, 40 suckler cows, pedigree saddlebacks, LWs and durocs with the associated chickens, horses, dogs and cats!- I loved every minute of it and became young again! I also did a show, showing a pig or 2, at the B and West, only annoyed the girl I was going out with decided she didn't want me anymore, best time of my life then-not the girl the showing!!no smilies dpack

im not sure a hare necklace is my thing but i have the makings of a new hare hat (the hound ate the last one as a puppy) :lol:no smilies NorthernMonkeyGirl

im not sure a hare necklace is my thing but i have the makings of a new hare hat (the hound ate the last one as a puppy) :lol:

:lol:

It's a little wooden hare. I was going to be all feminine and civilised and stuff. Ended up in jeans and t-shirt and swamp boots anyway, how did that happen? :D

Talking of hares, thinking of dog raggy toys, do you think some strips of (rabbit??)skin plaited together would stand up to abuse? Pup's last toy lasted a whole two days before getting shredded, I suppose it's my fault for taunting her with "Is it dead yet??".no smilies
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home