Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Andy B

green fatigue

http://news.uk.msn.com/green_fatigue.aspx

Thought this was interesting.
AnneandMike

Not a mention of the millions of people in sub-Saharan Africa who are really suffering climate change fatigue - in fact dying from it! Some people are lazy, ignorant, selfish and short-sighted beyond belief. We'll trash the world so all future generations will be MUCH poorer, as Stern said, just because this generation cannot be bothered. I coming to think that, as a species, we don't deserve to survive.
cab

Don't hold back AnneandMike, tell it like it is Laughing

Very well said. Its so hard not to feel frustrated sometimes.
dpack

um ,maybe almost certainly we wont .
we could learn to be nice while we wait though
hedgewitch

dpack wrote:
um ,maybe almost certainly we wont .
we could learn to be nice while we wait though

I think some people really think they are at the centre of the world. They don't realise the earth would get on just fine without humans. It would manage to adjust... Rolling Eyes
oldish chris

The last sentence in the article spotted by Andy B

" So the next time that annoying, righteous eco-friend invites you round to their eco-house for dinner, why not ask him or her just where their coriander comes from. I guarantee you that eight times out of ten you’ll be party to the pleasure of watching them plummet from their high green walls faster than Humpty Dumpty."

Well fellow downsizers - where does your coriander come from? I'd bet that eight times out of ten you'd show me the plants growing in your backgarden!

(fools and their money)
hedgewitch

Laughing
dpack

well lottie
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home