Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Cathryn

Guinea fowl

I thought that I had lost another one about three weeks ago until I spotted her this morning at the food. She is sitting, on the bank above the beach. This means she is relatively safe from foxes but has sat through several large storms with waves crashing about 10' below her. I'm quite impressed but now I have to decide what to do.

I have to recalibrate the incubator which means buying a good digital temperature gauge and fiddling. I can't see we can safely protect her in situ, something we have done in the past, to do so would make her obvious to any walkers and their dogs going past. Not sure how many she is sitting on either as I am not precisely sure where her nest is.

Decisions decisions Smile
welsh veg grower

I have my incubator temp / humidity guage someplace in this tip. Shall I have a hunt for you? Steve is going North on Tuesday if that helps.
Cathryn

That would be great, I only need it to recalibrate. Once I know it's working I try to avoid checking the temperature all the time. It is too easy to think it needs adjusting and adjusting!

If you find it and he doesn't mind. I will ring you and see where I could meet him?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home