Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Woo

Guinea pig bullying

We have recently got the children 3 GP's.
They are 3 boys.
They all came from the same breeder despite being different ages.
I expected there to be some dominant behavior from the oldest, but he has only taken to the youngest pig and Boris the middle boy has been scratched/hurt and left on his own. I have had pigs in the past, but have i made a boob having 3 this time?
does anyone have any ideas what I can do to help Boris?
WHEEEEEK!
dpack

lavender oil on the piggie's ears often helps.

if that does not work you might have to get another one as a chum for boris and 2 cages

it may be that the dominant one goes off the young one once it matures .red"ginger"macdone and shouty coltraine had to be separated at maturity so be prepared for some cage shuffling just in case .
Jamanda

Do you really often put lavender oil on guinea pigs' ears Dpack? You never cease to amaze. Laughing
dpack

Do you really often put lavender oil on guinea pigs' ears Dpack? You never cease to amaze. Laughing

it works very well with our crew when introducing new ones or during adjustments to a loss of leader

i know saluki and saluki x grey hunting hounds ,wolves etc are an odd combo with g pigs but ive had piggies on and off for 50 yrs and tt had had em for 25 .ace wee critters .
Chez

Lynford Christie and Fred lived together in relative harmony as mature adults. Can you take the bossy one out for a few days, let the other two adjust and then add him back in?
Woo

My last, Harry and Ron lived together happily.
I will rub Boris in Lavender!
I may have to seperate them.
They have a good size hutch and run, but at the moment Olga (m) wont let Boris in by the look of it.
He is sat outside on his own! Sad
Olaf is the smallest and seems a bit stuck in the middle of the battle!
Thank you all for your top tips.
Chez

Perhaps Olga is over-compensating for the slight to his masculinity?
dpack

if the cage has space for separate lodges(paper bags or boxes are ok)the ownership of the bedroom issue wont be a problem

if you lavender do all of em so as they all smell the same
Woo

Perhaps Olga is over-compensating for the slight to his masculinity?

The man named Sue!

We are reading Olga Da Polga and I refused to get a female as i ended up with 15 of the blighters by making the mistake of buying two females many moons ago! Rolling Eyes

off to apply lavender! Very Happy
dpack

how goes it in pig town ? Woo

how goes it in pig town ?

Today they were all moved to new quarters. They are now round in the garden so the children can spend time with them without the ducks coming to see whats going on!
We all coated our hands with lavender and stroked and petted them all.
There are 5 smallish wooden boxes in the hutch for them to go in and out of and a ramp with grips down to an enclosed grass area.
They have some 4 inch drain connectors to play in and a few boxes and an igloo down there.
There is still some grumbling and bumbling tonight, so I will keep an eye on them.
Thanks for the help.
dpack

that sound a very nice pig town ,more houses than pigs is often good for peace,our 3 have 2 lodges and a box and a huge upstairs "hay loft".the suitable for 6 chooks coop has been ace for up to 8 pigs but with only 3 at the mo they have lots of space Woo

it works very well with our crew when introducing new ones or during adjustments to a loss of leader

i know saluki and saluki x grey hunting hounds ,wolves etc are an odd combo with g pigs but ive had piggies on and off for 50 yrs and tt had had em for 25 .ace wee critters .

do you know if this works with cats? there is a lot of growling and hissing as Riley meets yet to be named....
dpack

im not sure anything less than taxidermy makes cats behave nicely . Nick

With added remote control. Woo

Laughing Chez

im not sure anything less than taxidermy makes cats behave nicely .

Because they have to concentrate really hard whilst they're doing it, because they don't have opposable thumbs? Smile
dpack

Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home