Haggis - For Carnivores
- 2 handfuls oatmeal (toasted)
- 2 - 3 Onions
- 8oz shredded suet
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- grated nutmeg, black pepper cayenne, salt
- 1 pluck (Heart, lung & liver)
- Wash & cook pluck in simmering water for 1.5 hrs.
- When cooked mince through with the onions.
- Add suet & oatmeal with plenty black pepper, cayenne & salt
- Add cooking water to make it sappy.
- Stuff into beef bungs & tie.
- Put into fast boiling water, pierce it with a needle when it first starts to swell.
- Reduce heat & boil gently for 3 hours without a lid.
Served with bashed neeps and tatties.
DS user dpack added: use a constrictor knot each end and leave at least 1 " of poke outside the knot (saves retying them when hot ). A dash of whisky in the mixture is nice and fine mincing the oatmeal gives a better texture than rolled oats in my humble opinion. Yum.