Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Penny Outskirts

Hamsters

Have they been fed this evening, or have I got mice in my wotsits?? Very slow here Sad
judith

It's fine here.
bernie-woman

judith wrote:
It's fine here.

And here too Confused
Penny Outskirts

Best go and feed my mice then Sad
Gervase

Give them coffee beans. Makes their chakras bang like an outhouse door!
judith

Laughing
sean

Anyone else finding the speed very variable today?
Penny Outskirts

Thought it was my mice again. It gets almost all the way there, then hangs on annoyingly for ages, until it finally comes up Sad
jema

Not seen any issues here Confused But I have seen such behavior on occasion without being able to get to the bottom of it.
It would not appear to be server load, I'm running a server with 40% more load than the downsizer server without seeing slow downs, and indeed I never get ANY speed complaints about forums.
dougal

I've been playing with Firefox (+Fasterfox which gives a page load timer!) and pages (like the last 24 hours active threads) are generally loading in under 3 seconds, which is pretty snappy.

Something I have experienced a few times is a long hiatus after clicking submit on this Post a Reply page. Sometimes well over 30 seconds. Its not in the actual posting process because clicking 'stop' and re submit-ing results in a double posting... Confused
However, a little play a couple of minutes back showed less than a 2 second lag before the newly updated thread page loaded.

So, hamsters on speed, as viewed from here at the moment... Very Happy
Nick

This evening, I'm on dial up, and I notice nothing wrong. barely different than a fat connection from the office.
sean

It's very intermittent. Could easily be something computery between Devon and the cupboard under jema's stairs rather than downsizer.
jema

dougal wrote:
I've been playing with Firefox (+Fasterfox which gives a page load timer!) and pages (like the last 24 hours active threads) are generally loading in under 3 seconds, which is pretty snappy.

Something I have experienced a few times is a long hiatus after clicking submit on this Post a Reply page. Sometimes well over 30 seconds. Its not in the actual posting process because clicking 'stop' and re submit-ing results in a double posting... Confused
However, a little play a couple of minutes back showed less than a 2 second lag before the newly updated thread page loaded.

So, hamsters on speed, as viewed from here at the moment... Very Happy

The submit lag is the one I see to...

I think I double check all database indexes are right.
jema

indexes seem in place, it has to be said there is several hundred thousand entries in the search indexing system which is updated whenever someone posts. This is where I have wondered if delays occur, but it is so erratic and has not actually shown up in long query logs Confused
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home